Background[edit | edit source]
A wizard tries to perform an unsuccessful flying spell.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Follow the north-western path from Seyda Neen towards Hla Oad.
- Optional: Save Tarhiel, and receive no rewards.
- Witness the death of Tarhiel.
- Loot the body for rare rewards.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
As the Nerevarine is exploring the Bitter Coast region, east of Hla Oad, past the Odai River, a scream is heard and a Bosmer mage is seen falling from the sky to his death. The Hero may loot the body to find his journal and some scrolls of Icarian flight.
- Optional: It is possible to save him by casting a area affect Slow Fall. Although nothing will be gained this way, and Tarhiel is not thankful and only says: "I do not want to talk about it." It will, then, be impossible to converse or trade with him.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Journal of Tarhiel
- 3 Scrolls of Icarian Flight
- Iron Sparksword
- Extravagant Robe
- Extravagant Shoes
- Colovian Fur Helm
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are no journal entries for this quest.
- Tarhiel's Barter and Spellmaking options are present in his dialogues, but it is only possible to say "Goodbye."
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's Dragonborn add-on, a wizard in Solstheim can be encountered who will attempt to fly "like dragons" by casting a spell he created. His fate is the same as Tarhiel's, probably making reference to Tarhiel.