After joining the Benevolence of Mara, the Agent will have to complete a series of randomly assigned quests on their behalf, in order to gain ranks and associated benefits.
- Speak with a Missionary from the Benevolence of Mara.
- Journey to and then enter the dungeon specified.
- Track down the undead creature and kill it.
- Return to the Missionary before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
After joining the Benevolence of Mara a Missionary from the Temple will offer the Agent a quest that goes beyond the morals of the Temple. The Benevolence's philosophy "forbids [them] to harm another living creature willingly," but this must be briefly ignored as a spirit has begun haunting one of their sacred sites. The Agent is duly tasked with destroying the spirit's mortal form, found in one of the Iliac Bay's many dungeons.
The Troubled SpiritEdit
The Agent must journey to and then enter the specified dungeon to begin their hunt, battling through the usual collection of dungeon creatures. The spirit can be found at any point within, although identifying which creature the spirit inhabits is impossible to determine. Indeed, it is only when the creature is destroyed that the spirit utters:
With that the dungeon will be cleansed, meaning the Agent can return to the Missionary to complete the quest.
The Missionary will reward the Agent with a random amount of , if they return before the time limit expires. The success or failure of the Agent in undertaking the quest will affect their reputation in the Temple:
|A Powerful Spirit - h0b00y00|
[Missionary's name] of [town] asked me to rid [dungeon], a holy place for the Benevolence of Mara, of a haunting spirit of some sort. I have [x] days to cleanse [dungeon] of it's haunt.
- When asked for any news, NPCs will have a variety of responses referencing the quest:
- "That [dungeon] has always been creepy. Now it supposed to be haunted."
- "As far as I'm concerned, leave the haunt alone. No one goes near it anyway."
- "You know, even with [dungeon] free of ghosts, I ain't going there."
- "The Benevolence of Mara's happy that their [dungeon] is clean again."
- "I wish they had just left [dungeon] alone. Now the wraith's out here with us."
- "Typical. They chase the ghosts out to where they can do real harm."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|