Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The Adoring Fan is obtained the first time upon defeating an Arena boss.
- A regular or premium version has a small chance to be obtained from card packs.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The card has little use when using its base stats, as even though it has Guard, its mere one health point makes it easy to destroy. When killed however, the card goes back into the deck, and is sometimes redrawn at the start of random turns. The neutral aspect of the card allows it to be added to any matter of decks.
Attacking[edit | edit source]
The Adoring Fan is a good choice to apply items and other effects to. As it is one of the few cards that cannot be Silenced, any bonuses added to it cannot be removed. This makes it useful if one decides to take an aggressive approach, and adding cards such as Heirloom Greatsword or Steel Dagger can increase the damage output without the risk of losing the traits. The weaknesses of this is that the enemy can still use Actions, Lethal, or wound-related instant destruction to destroy the card. The Guard keyword allows enemies to attack it rather than your other cards.
Defending[edit | edit source]
As the Adoring Fan has Guard, it is a natural use for defense, and can sometimes be used as a last resort if randomly drawn for free. Since it has only one health, the card can be rendered obsolete quickly if the enemy decides to attack it with a creature or a mass destruction spell like Fireball. However, with the useful trait of being immune to Silence, Items such as Maple Shield or Imperial Armor can be applied to it in order to increase its health, which cannot be removed without killing the card altogether.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Can I carry your weapon? Shine your boots? Back rub, perhaps?" – When summoned
- "I'm here to assist!" – When summoned
- "Golly. You're the best!" – When summoned
- "By Azura!" – When attacking
- "Dumac take you!" – When attacking
- "You won't get past me!" – When attacking
- "I'll be around the Arena grounds. Shout if you need someone to cheer you on!" – Upon death
- "I might be your greatest fan!" – Upon death
- "Shout if you need someone to cheer you on!" – Upon death
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Patch 2.13 fixed a bug in which Adoring Fan could be soul trapped using the mass soul trap feature in collections. The patch note read: "The small pitter-patter of rushed footsteps can be heard in the distance, seemingly getting closer..." After the patch was released, those who soul trapped Adoring Fan received it back in their collections as well as a message entitled Adoring Fan has Returned! which read: "Hey… you were walking pretty fast back there. Almost lost you. But I finally caught up. I've missed you."
- If Adoring Fan has not yet been earned, it will not be viewable in collections.