It is a Dwemer staff that allows the wielder to summon a Dwarven Spider Guardian or Dwarven Sphere Guardian for 60 seconds. It can also, on occasion, summon random Dwemer scrap metals, such as solid Dwemer metal, large decorative Dwemer struts and Dwemer gyros.
Apart from the Aetherium Crest which is assembled during the quest, all other materials to craft the staff can be found in the Aetherium Forge room on tables to the left and right of the forge.
- The Dragonborn may encounter Taron Dreth, who will ask about the staff. Regardless of the option chosen in the dialogue, he and his three mercenaries will turn hostile and attack.
- A strange humming sound will resonate from it when equipped.
- Its appearance is nearly identical to the spider control rod except that its gem is blue and the rod itself is more golden.
- It allows the use of two Dwarven automatons, if "The Kagrumez Gauntlet"DR is completed as well. Both can then benefit from Illusion buffs if the Master of the Mind perk is taken.
- The summoned automaton can have its duration extended through use of Fortify Conjuration potions.
- The separated Conjure Dwarven Spider (
020142BF) and Conjure Dwarven Sphere (
020142C1) spells are available through console commands, only when Dawnguard is installed.
This section contains bugs related to Aetherial Staff. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The staff's summon effect may not work at all, rendering the staff useless.
- If one uses the staff, immediately readies it for a second summon, then proceeds to recharge the staff to full before continuing, the Dwarven animunculi last summoned will not automatically be removed. This then allows the player to kill and obtain Dwarven parts from said animunculi. Note that this will break the staff for conventional use, as it will either summon an enemy animunculi or summon nothing at all.