The Aetherium Forge was created by the Dwemer and can use the crystal material Aetherium to create unique magical artifacts. According to Katria, the Forge and its surroundings are at least 4,000 years old—ancient even by Dwemer standards.
- The Adept-level locked chest half buried in the plaza is the only container that resets every few days.
- The lava deals two types of damage:
- Massive Fire Damage: 150 points for 1 second
- Lingering Fire Damage: 15 points for 4 seconds
This section contains bugs related to Aetherium Forge. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If swimming through the lava, either using the Become Ethereal shout or items/potions of Resist Fire, vision will disappear entirely, replaced by a blurred vision of glowing, burning orange, making navigation difficult.
- Marcurio is a follower, he may become invisible after opening both doors that lead from the side storage rooms to the main forge area. This bug will stretch to all saves within the Aetherium Forge zone. To fix this, save current state, load a previous save in a different area zone in which Marcurio is a follower, then load the current save. Marcurio should be visible. If not, repeat with older saves. If
- Sometimes, upon leaving the area and entering Skyrim, the game will spawn the Dragonborn high up in the air, leaving them to fall to their death. To fix this, save before exiting until it spawns the Dragonborn close enough to the ground to survive.
- Aetherium Crest via console commands will result in the quest objective not carrying on. The Aetherium Forge will allow one to create the selected item, but Katria's conversation with the Dragonborn cannot take place. There are two ways to fix this: Spawning the
- Aetherial Crown and will receive the message that two flawless sapphires are still needed, even if they are in the inventory. This is caused by having an incomplete miscellaneous quest that requires the Dragonborn to find a flawless sapphire, such as the quest given by Madesi in Riften or a Heist job from the Thieves Guild. The quest sets the flawless sapphires as quest items, preventing them from being removed from the inventory and forged into the crown.
One may be unable to forge the
player.removeitem 00068523 #, where # is the number of flawless sapphires in the inventory. Then, add two of them back using the console command
player.additem 00068523 2. Once this is done, the crown can now be forged. To fix this, run the console command
- To fix this, run the console command