- Not to be confused with Waterwalking Boots.
Wearing these boots grants the following bonuses:
- Fortify Enchanting: 10 points – Four total relics must be worn. (Wearing more than four will negate this bonus)
This unique enchantment grants the ability to walk on the surface of water. This is often useful for crossing large bodies of water without having to swim, and can often allow for unexpected movement options.
Even though the boots cause water to act similar to land, the Dragonborn will not receive damage when jumping, just the same as landing in the water without the boots. These boots also allow the Dragonborn to walk on the tar-like liquid in Apocrypha as well as the lava in the Aetherium Forge. This can occasionally yield rewards but note that walking too far out will result in death, even at full health.
- This apparel is extremely useful for traversing the flooded areas encountered during "The Path of Knowledge."
- The boots might glitch, making the Dragonborn fly over the water when walking into shallow water. No known fix.
- After obtaining these boots, fast traveling may result in the Dragonborn being placed significantly higher than the ground resulting in damage or even death from the fall. Fast traveling to a different location usually bypasses this.
- Occasionally, the boots may disappear if the Dragonborn is arrested and put into jail.
- The boots will appear visually but cannot be taken or interacted with.
- If in the ruins of Nchardak, the waterwalking effect will kill the Dragonborn if rising water pushes them into the ceiling.