According to Alea, she is a good wife. Abandoned by her husband, she has been left to raise six children, which most likely gives her the unfriendly attitude. She seems to have, as Astrid points out, "Quite the mouth on her." She demands to be set free when talked to.
Choosing to kill Alea, Astrid congratulates the Dragonborn with, "Ah, the feisty goodwife. Quite the mouth on her. Someone must have wanted her dead...right?"
"Cowards! Stealing a woman from her home! For shame!"
- Who are you? "None of your damned business who I am! If you're going to kill me, just do it already! As Mara is my witness, if I didn't have this hood on right now I would spit right in your face..."
- Would someone pay to have you killed? "Excuse me? What kind of question is that?"
- One last time: Would. Someone. Pay. To. Have. You. Killed? (Intimidate) "I'm kneeling here with my hands bound and a sack over my head, and you have the gall to ask me that? What do you think, genius?"
- It's all right. Just tell me what I need to know. (Persuade) "I'm a woman living in Skyrim with six children and no husband. I don't have the time or patience to be "nice." Do some people look down on me? Have I made some enemies? You're damn right."
"You cut these bindings this minute! You hear me? You cut these bindings right now!"
- (Cut the captive's bonds) "Well it's about damn time. Capturing a woman from her home, keeping her bound like an animal. Ridiculous..."
"I don't know who you are, or what's going on here, but you ought to be ashamed of yourself."
|"I don't have time for this nonsense. I've got a home to keep and children to feed. Now let me out of here!"||While in binds|
|"By the gods, when I get out of here you're dead! You hear me? Dead!"|
|"Aggghh! Re...lease me!"|
|"Get these things off of me!"|