Culture[edit | edit source]
The Altmer, also known as high elves, inhabit the Summerset Isles and consider themselves to be the most civilized culture in Tamriel. The common tongue of the empire is based on Altmer speech and writing. The Altmer are also extremely proficient with magic, eclipsing all other races in their magicka reserves.
Character Creation[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
Skill Bonuses[edit | edit source]
- Fortify Maximum Magicka (1.5 x Intelligence)
- 50% Weakness to Magicka and Fire
- 25% Weakness to Frost and Shock
- Resist Disease – 75% Resistance to Common Diseases
Preferred play style[edit | edit source]
Altmer tend to be particularly adept offensive mages, primarily concentrating on destruction spells. However, the Altmer will experience quite a significant weakness to Destruction magic in the beginning, which may make gameplay harder against others who use magical attacks. Focusing on more defensive schools of magic, like Alteration, can help alleviate this over time however.
Notable Altmer[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of notable Altmer in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Carecalmo - Old and powerful Mage and associate of the Dark Brotherhood.
- Hecerinde - Agent of the Thieves Guild and master Trainer of Security.
See also[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: The Infernal City
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: Lord of Souls
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades
|Races in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind|
|Humans||Bretons • Imperials • Nords • Redguards|
|Mer||Altmer • Bosmer • Dunmer • Orsimer|
|Beast||Argonians • Khajiit|