- For other uses, see Amulet of Mara.
The amulet reduces the cost of Restoration spells by 10%. It is also be used to propose a marriage to some characters with a positive disposition towards the Dragonborn. The option can only be unlocked when Maramal has been asked about marriage at the Temple of Mara.
- Imperial Soldiers and Stormcloaks – May wear one that can be looted upon death or pickpocketed
- Hold Guards – May wear one that can be looted upon death or pickpocketed
- Containers – Chests, dressers, cabinets, etc.
- Merchants – all merchants, except weapon merchants, have a chance to sell one
- Sold by Maramal – 200 after asking about the Temple's beliefs and marriage
- Given by Dinya Balu – After starting the quest "The Book of Love"
- Lover's Tent – Along the shore of Dawnstar northeast from the Dawnstar Sanctuary by some Horkers
- Labyrinthian – Inside the wooden structure
- An Amulet of Mara can be disenchanted at an Arcane Enchanter for the Blessing of Mara enchantment, which cannot be enchanted on an item.confirmation needed
- Some amulets may not register with NPCs that can be married.confirmation needed
- If The amulet received from "The Book of Love" and a marriage offer is not given, dropping the amulet and retrieving it, or buying a new one from Maramal, will fix this.confirmation needed
- If a randomly spawning Amulet and the one acquired from The Book of Love, are equipped, the inventory shows that both are being worn, instead of splitting the category into two. The 10% increase to Restoration spells does not stack to 20%.confirmation needed
- Sometimes, after purchasing an Amulet and wearing it, it will be visible on the Dragonborn, despite being shown as equipped in the inventory.