Ane Teria was a Dunmer mage, and one of the former Incarnates of the Nerevarine. As a failed incarnate, they reside in the Cavern of the Incarnate to help the present Incarnate of the Nerevarine during their quest.
Ane Teria was a "Holy crusader" for the Tribunal Temple, and contributed towards what is referred to as the "Apographa." Due to her flawed following of the Tribunal and disbelief of the Nerevarine prophecies, she failed in fulfilling them.
This quest involves the Nerevarine locating the Cavern of the Incarnate. It forms the Third Trial of the Seven Visions of the Nerevarine and a significant part of the Main Quest. If her spirit is spoken to, she will give the current Nerevarine her mace and a copy of 36 Lessons of Vivec, Sermon 12.
"Welcome, Incarnate. I am Ane Teria. I was not the one. But I wait and hope. Ask, and I shall tell you my story."
- my story "I was a holy crusader of the Temple in the golden era of the Tribunate. I contributed substantially to the writings that were later suppressed by the Temple, and now would be called apographa. I followed the Tribunal unquestioningly, to my regret. I never believed in the Nerevarine prophecies until it was too late. Take my humble possessions, with my blessing."
- my story "I have failed. I was not the one."
- Background "I am Ane Teria. I was called to the prophecies, but I was not the one."
- my trade "An ancestor has no trade, but to guard and counsel the living kin."
- Nerevarine "You are the Nerevarine. You are the Incarnate. You are the one. You must not fail."
- "The Devil is dead, and the Blight is gone. You are the Nerevarine. You are the Incarnate. You are the one."
- Dunmer "You are the Prophesied One. You must save the Dunmer people."
- Morrowind "A darkness is on the land, and only you can bring the light."
- "I wait and hope. Ask, and I shall tell you my story."