Animal Allegiance is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Usefulness[edit | edit source]
- This shout is perfect for hunting since animals will approach the Dragonborn and remain docile even while being slaughtered.
- Helpful in slaying the White Stag during "Ill Met by Moonlight".
- Can be effectively utilized against giants by turning their mammoths against them.
- It is also effective in turning frostbite spiders and chaurus against Falmer in dungeon crawling scenarios.
- Using this shout will remove detection and allow the Dragonborn to re-enter sneak.
- Do not use this shout on animals when fighting Spriggans or Spriggan Matrons, as they can overpower the shout.
- This shout is helpful in the quest "Kyne's Sacred Trials" given to the Dragonborn by Froki Whetted-Blade.
- To harvest Salmon Roe easily, stand as close as possible to river rapids where Salmon can be seen jumping and shout. The Salmon will suicide sometimes flying out of the water, and some will excrete Salmon Roe into the water. Proceeding downstream both dead Salmon (who will supply both Salmon Meat and Salmon Roe when activated) and Salmon Roe can be found floating by. It should be noted that Salmon killed in this manner do not identify when the cursor hovers over them, but they can still be activated for harvesting.
- If a dragon appears while the player is battling mammoths, Animal Allegiance can be used to force the latter to ally with the Dragonborn, which is useful since mammoths can overpower dragons.
Word Wall[edit | edit source]
Locations: Ancient's Ascent, Angarvunde, and Ysgramor's Tomb
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV Key
SARVIRRA ZOK KRIN RaaN
ALUN Wah FONaaR ODUS FROD
ahRK OFAN OK SIL Fah OK DROG
|(This) stone commemorates (the) horse|
Sarvirra, most courageous animal
ever to charge (the) snowy battlefield
and give his soul for his lord.
|LAKNIR MAL-TU WahLaaN QETHSEGOL
aaRii VahRUKT BONaaR VAKEEZA
WO VaaT Mir Wah JUN DO KeiZaaL
ahRK Dir KO SADON GRAVuuN
|Laknir Little-Hammer raised (this) stone|
in memory of his servant, humble Vakeeza,
who swore allegiance to (the) kings of Skyrim
and died in Gray Autumn.
|HET DiR BRUNiiK REK-GROHiiK
ULFeiDR KRiiD MUZ ahRK SUNAVaaR
BRUNiiK KINBOK SahQON Tah
|Here died (the) savage She-Wolf|
Ulfeidr slayer (of) men and beast,
Savage leader (of the) Crimson Pack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This Shout 'charms' all nearby animals, who will fight for the Dragonborn for a short time. The Dragonborn can attack them without breaking this effect, so it's easy to kill them before the Shout wears off.
- This Shout does not affect summoned creatures (like Familiars), or creatures already under the control of someone else (like animals controlled by Spriggans).
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Animal Allegiance. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Animals may still attack followers when under the effect of this shout. Sheathing the Dragonborn's weapon does not fix this.
- goats and deer. There is a chance that instead of making animals the Dragonborn's allies, it will cause them to flee. This seems to happen more often with normally peaceful creatures, such as
Appearances[edit | edit source]
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.