Once the Dragonborn is Thane of the Rift, they will be able to buy a house in Riften from Anuriel. If the Imperials control Riften, then Hemming Black-Briar will instead be the steward and sell the house.
"Welcome to Mistveil Keep. I'm Jarl Laila's steward, Anuriel."
- What do you do around here? "As steward, I serve as an intermediary between the Jarl and her subjects. I also handle the less important and day-to-day policies that effect daily life in Riften. Lately I've had my hands full suppressing these ridiculous accusations of corruption in the keep."
- What are the rumors of corruption you mentioned? "There are those that believe the Jarl does nothing for this city... that it's corrupt and run by the Black-Briar family. I can assure you that this is entirely false. We are fully in control of everything."
- Tell me about the Thieves Guild. "I'd hardly call them a Guild. More like unorganised rabble. In fact, I wouldn't say they were a threat at all. No, our resources should be spent on preparations for invasion."
"You're welcome in Riften as long as you continue to obey our laws."
|Show: Compelling Tribute|
|In Mistveil Keep:
Recognise this? (Show her Incriminating Letter) "Not here, come with me. Stay close and the guards will leave you alone."
- Laila Law-Giver
Laila: "Have our scouts come up with any information on these reports of dragons?"
Anuriel: "Yes, milady. That unpleasantness at Helgen supposedly involved a dragon. It killed several soldiers before it departed."
Laila: "I want you to speak to the city guard. Make sure there's a contingency plan in effect in case Riften falls under attack."
Anuriel: "Yes, milady. I've also taken the liberty in preparing a private carriage... just in case."
Laila: "Good. If Riften should fall, it's only right that its leader be spared."
Laila: "Anuriel, a word please."
Anuriel: "Yes, my lady?"
Laila: "It's been brought to my attention that the poison known as skooma may be present in our city. What do you know of this?"
Anuriel: "I believe it to be a falsehood perpetrated by the Empire in order to weaken the citizen's confidence in your ability to rule."
Laila: "Excellent, then they'll be no need to devote any resources to stopping it. Thank you, Anuriel. That will be all."
Anuriel: "My lady, Maven Black-Briar has sent word that she requires your seal in order to expand her shipments into Morrowind."
Laila: "But of course! Tell her she'll have it. Maven is one of the few people I can trust and I'd be delighted to give her my blessing."
Anuriel: "Yes, my lady. I will pass the good news on to her."
Discuss the situation in private
Unmid: "Anuriel, would you please stop declaring that the city is safe for the Jarl to roam? You and I both know that isn't true."
Anuriel: "I would never knowingly place Laila in danger, you know that too. Why do you always question my judgment? You don't trust me."
Unmid: "I trust you, I'm just concerned about her safety. That's all. Don't be angry with me."
Anuriel: "I'm not angry with you. Tell you what, lover. Meet me in my chambers later and we can discuss the situation in private."
- Unmid Snow-Shod
Anuriel: "Unmid, my sweet. Are we still meeting later for... combat training?"
Unmid: "Of course. Your training isn't complete yet."
Anuriel: "I look forward to it then."
- "Welcome to Mistveil Keep. I'm Jarl Laila's Steward, Anuriel."
- "As Riften's steward, I'm afraid I can provide only limited assistance, but speak you mind."
- "If you're here to report any instances of corruption, be confident that we're handling these rumors accordingly."
- "I hope the wilds claim you, one of these days." (when in exile)
- "I'm afraid my days as the steward of Riften has come to an end." (when in exile)
- "Perhaps the Stormcloaks will rally to take back Riften one day. Only time will tell." (when in exile)
- Her name means "All-Beauty" in Aldmeri Language, Anu meaning all (or everything) and Riel meaning beauty.
- Despite being a Bosmer, her skin has a golden hue to it similar to an Altmer. This is due to the indoor lighting. Her skin color, according to Creation Kit, is "WoodElfSkinFemale03."
- The incriminating letter found within Anuriel's chambers reveals that Anuriel is working for Maven Black-Briar.
- Anuriel is voiced by Colleen Delany.