The shop is owned by an Imperial named Arcadia. The store sells alchemy products (potions and ingredients). Arcadia allows free use of the alchemy lab. Going through the door to the left of the lab leads the Dragonborn to the Herbalist's Guide to Skyrim on a table. This book contains many useful combinations and ingredients for potions, as well as increasing the alchemy skill by one point.
Arcadia is an expert level trainer. If she trains the Dragonborn in alchemy, the money will go directly into her shop, making it possible to sell her more items. If the Dragonborn has no more potions to sell, then they can use the alchemy lab in the shop to make more.
Being detected entering her shop past 8 PM will result in her calling the guards. This is considered trespassing, and will result in a bounty.
- If the Dragonborn asks Farengar for work, he will ask for them to deliver some frost salts Arcadia. When she gets the salts, Arcadia tells the Dragonborn that the salts are an ingredient in a powerful love potion she is brewing. She also muses that she should perhaps test the potion on Farengar first.
- After the frost salts have been delivered, some alchemy ingredients will be able to be taken off of Arcadia's shelves. These ingredients will respawn in one day's time.
- A possible location for the Thieves Guild radiant quests "The Heist Job," "The Numbers Job, or "The Shill Job."
- If the shop is broken into after Arcadia has gone to bed, the same shopkeeper's spiel may be heard, as if the shop were entered during business hours.
- The sign to Arcadia's Cauldron, as with all alchemy shop signs, features the motif of the three phases of the moon, a symbol commonly associated with the Wiccan religion.
- If Arcadia is killed, her shop will be taken over by Ahlam.
This section contains bugs related to Arcadia's Cauldron. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, the Dragonborn will fall through the floor while standing on the edge of the fireplace. The area will turn blue, and the sky in Sovngarde will appear instead of the roof. The Dragonborn will then enter the falling animation and, after a few seconds, appear where Arcadia spawned.
- The game may crash upon entering or exiting the store.
- Ahlam may not take over the business if Arcadia is killed.