Ataxia is a disease contracted from slaughterfish, frostbite spiders, skeevers, and traps, such as swinging axes. It causes lockpicking and pickpocketing to become 25% harder until cured. Shrines, which can be found around Skyrim, can be used to cure the Dragonborn when interacted with.
- Pickpocket difficulty increased by 25% (25% harder)
- Lockpicking difficulty increased by 25% (25% harder)
- Use a Potion of Cure Disease
- Interacting with a shrine
- Eating Garlic Bread HF
- Asking a Vigilant of Stendarr to cure the Dragonborn
- Arcadia suggests the Dragonborn has it, but she tells this every time she is spoken to, regardless of the Dragonborn's condition.
- Ataxia outside of The Elder Scrolls is a Greek word meaning "without order" or "lack of order," and is a neurological sign consisting of lack of voluntary coordination of muscle movements.
This section contains bugs related to Ataxia (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Dragonborn has Ataxia even after it is cured. Characters may mention the