The Atronach Forge is a dais capable of magically creating items and creatures in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is located in The Midden, an underground facility beneath the College of Winterhold. The forge includes a lever, an offering box, and a setting. Different items and Daedra can be conjured with the forge by placing certain combinations of things inside the offering box, then pulling the lever. Atronachs summoned with the forge are unbound (i.e., aggressive), unlike those summoned at Frostcrag Spire's Atronach Altar in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which serve as permanent followers. The setting can be filled with a sigil stone, which is required for conjuring Daedric armor, weapons, and hearts at the forge.
Recipes are somewhat flexible: sometimes an ingredient can be replaced with something of higher value of the same category. It is possible to loot recipes from conjurers; however, they are written in the Daedric alphabet. The best way to find a hidden recipe is to put all food, ingredients, and miscellaneous items in the Dragonborn's inventory into the offering box, then pull the lever. Only items needed for a successful recipe will be consumed. Daedra Hearts and black soul gems, some of the rarer items used in recipes, can be purchased from Enthir within The College of Winterhold.
|Random unbound Dremora|
|Spell Tome: Conjure Flame Atronach|
|Spell Tome: Conjure Frost Atronach|
|Spell Tome: Conjure Storm Atronach|
|Spell Tome: Soul Trap|
|Staff of the Flame Atronach|
|Staff of the Frost Atronach|
|Staff of the Storm Atronach|
|Scroll of Conjure Flame Atronach|
|Scroll of Conjure Frost Atronach|
|Scroll of Conjure Storm Atronach|
|Daedric Armor (chosen piece, no enchantment)|
|Daedric Weapons (chosen piece, no enchantment)|
|Daedric Armor (random piece, random enchantment)|
|Daedric Weapons (random piece, random enchantment)|
* The Sigil Stone must be installed in the Atronach Forge pedestal. Unlike the items in the offering box, it is never consumed and can be re-used again and again.
This section contains bugs related to Atronach Forge. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
The "Daedric weapon (random piece, random enchantment)" recipe may only produce warhammers, battleaxes, and war-axes. Reverting to a previous save or restarting the system does not appear to fix this.
- Removing the sigil stone and placing it back into the pedestal should fix this bug.
- console commands are used. Followers are able to pick up and wear Daedric boots suffering from this bug.
When crafting Daedric boots at the forge, the item will not appear in the Dragonborn's inventory when picked up. This renders it impossible to equip unless
- A makeshift, albeit time-consuming fix is to put the ingredients for the "Daedric armor (random piece, random enchantment)" recipe into the offering box, save, then craft and reload until Daedric boots appear with a desirable enchantment.
If the contents of the offering box are removed immediately after the lever is pulled, the recipe will still be conjured, but the ingredients will not be used.
- This may cause freezing.
- A follower must be alongside the Dragonborn to be able to have them pull the lever and loot the offering box. If the contents are taken too slowly, they disappear; and if they are taken too fast, the forge will not register the offering. Some items may be missing.
- If an unbound Dremora is sneak attacked just as it appears, it will not have any weapon other than an Iron Dagger. If not looted, these iron daggers will appear in the offering box.confirmation needed
Sometimes the Daedric weapons (random piece, random enchantment) recipe may create enchanted Daedric helmets or cuirasses.
- Reloading a previous save may fix this.
- When taking an item off the table next to the forge, there is a chance that all other items on that table will become invisible. They will remain in exactly the same position and can be interacted with, but cannot be seen. This makes the illusion ritual quest hard to complete because the book that is on the table is invisible even with the spell, making it appear that the book is just not there. It is also possible that all other items on that table will start rising slowly and then float above the table at a small distance.confirmation needed
- Atronach staves may not do anything.
- The "Daedric armor (random piece, random enchantment)" does not produce anything.