Bard's Leap Summit is a location high in the mountains of The Reach. A big waterfall is clearly visible from the distance as one approaches the area. This location can only be reached by fighting through Lost Valley Redoubt. After reaching the cliff top, follow the stone bridge to overlook the waterfall. When jumping off the diving area you will land in a small pool that hold a few salmon. For best results, do it in the middle of the night. Upon leaving the pool, the Dragonborn will be met by the ghost of a bard, Azzadal, who will tell his tale of an unsuccessful attempt. After speaking with him, your Speechcraft will increase one level.
- Be sure to explore the entire upper area before doing this, unless you want to make the long trek to the top again.
- If you dive off, you can fast travel back to the top, without having to travel back through Lost Valley Redoubt.
- If a follower is present, they will not jump but instead run back down to meet you. Be careful they don't push you off.
- It's possible to travel to Bilegulch Mine, and Rock Climb/Sticky Foot over the hill there to get to Bards leap summit and bypass all the other Foresworn in Lost Valley Redoubt. However you will still have to kill the 2 Hagravens (+ Briarheart if you let them resurrect him) to get to the word wall, as well as 3 more Foresworn once you jump from Bards Leap.
- This appears to be some sort of tribute to Assassin's Creed. The lookout point looks very similar to the lookouts in Assassin's Creed, and this is the only area in Skyrim that looks like this.
- If you fast travel to the location and you have a horse, it's possible the horse will spawn above the waterfall and float in the air. It is also possible for your mount to fall to his death when fast traveling to this location.
- If you have a horse that is owned by you, and you take the leap, it is possible that the horse will no longer be in your possession. This affects all horses in-game and all horses you ride will either be stolen or borrowed. Since a stolen or borrowed horse will immediately walk home upon dismount, this can be frustrating. The fix is to simply load a save from before the jump and not take it.