Template:SkyrimLandmarks Its located high in the mountains of The Reach. A large waterfall is clearly visible from the distance as one approaches the area. This location can only be reached by fighting through Lost Valley Redoubt.
Word of Power
Turn 180 Degrees from the diving board, you will see a structure with some tanned leather infront of it. Behind that there are 2 Hagravens bringing a Forsworn Briar-Heart back from the dead. This is a very hard fight, unless you kill the Hagravens before they resurrect the Briar-Heart. After killing both Hagravens, collect the word of power and search the chest for goodies. One of these Hagravens rarely has a Daedra Heart that you can acquire at high levels.
After reaching the cliff top, follow the stone bridge to overlook the waterfall. When jumping off the diving area you will land in a small pool. Upon leaving the pool, the Dragonborn will be met by the ghost of a bard, Azzadal, who will tell his tale of an unsuccessful attempt. After speaking with him, the Speechcraft skill will increase one level.
- The player does not have to leap from this location, it still counts if they merely walk off the side of the diving board and skid down the rock face behind the waterfall. Use of the perk Cushioned is advised.
- Instead of fighting through the Lost Valley Redoubt, A player can quickly get to the word wall by entering from the top, Via Bilegulch Mine. Simply follow the radar to the lost valley, and run along the waterway to avoid all but one forsworn.
- The location is thought to be an easter egg, to look like one of the places a "Leap of faith" is performed in the game "Assassin's Creed".
- If you fast travel to the location on a horse, it's possible the horse will spawn above the waterfall and float in the air. It is also possible for your horse to fall to his death when fast traveling to this location.
- If you have a horse that is owned by you, and you take the leap, it is possible that the horse will no longer be in your possession. This affects all horses in-game and all horses you ride will either be stolen or borrowed. Since a stolen or borrowed horse will immediately walk home upon dismount, this can be frustrating. The fix is to simply load a save from before the jump and not take it.