The Battle of Glenumbra Moors, also referred to as The Battle of Glenumbria Moors, was a major conflict that occurred during the height of the Alessian Order in 1E 482, fought between the Direnni Hegemony, aided by the Ayleids, and the remains of the Nordic Empire against the Alessian Empire.
Battle[edit | edit source]
Not much is known about the battle proper, except that Ryain Direnni's sorcery helped secure the final victory over the Alessians. Hoag Merkiller was slain during the course of battle, paving the way for his second, Wulfharth to become High King of Skyrim. This would be the last major battle that the Ayleids as a race would take part in being led by the The Last King of the Ayleids, Laloriaran Dynar.
Effects[edit | edit source]
The battle would have long-lasting effects on all parties involved.
- The Direnni Hegemony, though on the winning side, loses control over High Rock within twenty years to the growing power of the human kingdoms.
- Wulfharth is sworn in as High King of Skyrim by Pact of Chieftans, he promptly reinstates the Ancient Nordic Pantheon.
- The Alessian Order itself loses the vast majority of its sway over the Alessian Empire.
- A little over an Era later, Faolchu, a powerful undead werewolf, amasses an army of werewolves to attack the region of Camlorn, in High Rock.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A line from the bardic song "Battle of Glenumbra Moors," which can be heard in The Elder Scrolls Online, goes: "And when the battle, it was joined, Alessians three to one..." This would indicate that the Alessians outnumbered their foes by three to one, though this may simply be artistic license. However, the Vestige can overhear the ghosts of Alessian commanders on the Moors speaking of an "advantage" they held. This may however be referring to Faolchu, the Alessian commander, who was nigh-unkillable.