Effects[edit | edit source]
Unlike most shouts, its three words have different effects.
- The first word can be used to purge the All-Maker Stones on Solstheim during the quest "Cleansing the Stones."
- The second word allows the will of people and animals to be controlled. It makes them temporary allies to the Dragonborn.
- The third word allows the will of dragons to be controlled. This grants the ability to ride them.
Undead are immune to the effects of all three words of Bend Will, being staggered instead.
Dragon Riding[edit | edit source]
The Bend Will shout can be used to ride dragons. However, this feature is only possible if all three words are unlocked and targeted at a dragon.
Word Wall[edit | edit source]
Locations: Saering's Watch, Black Book: Epistolary Acumen, Skaal Village
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV BHAR FIN
GOLah WO PRaaL HET MULHaaN
OL GOL SARaaN ONIKIV NUNON
Wah MeyZ WUTH SINON DO ONIK
|(This) stone commemorates Bhar the|
Earth-Hunter who sat here still
As Earth awaits enlightenment only
To become old instead of wise.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This shout can be used on Odahviing, but not Alduin, Paarthurnax, Durnehviir,DG the Skeletal Dragon, Vulthuryol, VoslaarumDG and Naaslaarum,DG or the nameless dragons at Skuldafn. The first two of those are important characters, Durnehviir does not even register Bend Will, and others are immune because of the locations they are found in, which are not located on the main map.
- Bend Will serves as an effective replacement for Kyne's Peace and it will also work on anything other than animals, including hostile characters. The duration of the effect is limited, however.
- It can also be used as an alternative, albeit a crude one, to the Dragonrend shout, as it will invariably make the targeted dragon land near the player, who can try to attack it instead of riding it.
- When used on people, they cannot be pickpocketed. Instead, the Dragonborn is able to talk to them while sneaking.
- When one unmounts a dragon after riding them, the dragon will likely fly away, however it may still become hostile towards the Dragonborn.
Appearances[edit | edit source]