- For a complete list, see Beverages (Skyrim).
A rarer version of the mead, Black-Briar Reserve, is also available. Black-Briar Mead is a great source of income for those who are low-leveled or low on septims. It costs 10 septims (without perks) and comes in great quantities. For example, stealing all of the mead in Honningbrew Meadery and Black-Briar Meadery will result in about 170–200 Black-Briar Meads. The Dragonborn can then sell this to any Fence, which will result in roughly 2000 .
- Black-Briar Mead can be bought at The Ragged Flagon in Riften.
- Black-Briar Mead can be bought at the The Bee and Barb in Riften.
- Black-Briar Mead can be bought at the Black-Briar Meadery in Riften.
- Received from Dirge in the Ragged Flagon if one passes a persuasion or intimidation check.
- A large stack of the mead can also be stolen from the Black-Briar Manor in Riften in various Black-Briar Mead Barrels.
- Can be stolen/bought at Honningbrew Meadery, assuming that the Dragonborn has completed Dampened Spirits.
- Can be stolen from Black-Briar Meadery (about 130+).
- Can be taken (not stolen) from the meadery if quests are done for Romlyn Dreth and Maven.
- Two can be found on the bedside table in Lod's house, across from Falkreath's Jarl longhouse.
- There is a bandit camp on the west side of Whiterun's mountain, on the side of the cliff. One may be able to find two bottles on the shelf along with some alto wine. It should be noted that a group of bandits will attack. Their ambush will be triggered by opening the chest locked with an adept lock.
- In the Helgen Keep in the bear cave next to the cart full of wine and the coinpurse.
- In Ustengrav, next to a fire basket, on a shelf in a room with a Conjurer and flame atronach fighting some draugr.