Each of the worshipers of Boethiah at the Sacellum of Boethiah carries a Blade of Sacrifice. Hence, multiple copies can be obtained during the quest "Boethiah's Calling," by the end of which the Dragonborn is tasked with killing all the worshipers. When the Dragonborn first enters the Sacellum of Boethiah, there will be two cultists fighting. One of them will die, so that a 'free' copy can be looted from his body.
Once the quest has been started, the Dragonborn is ordered to use it to sacrifice a follower at the Pillar of Sacrifice. When sacrificing a follower in this quest, the Blade automatically kills the sacrifice with a single hit. Otherwise, it acts as a normal dagger.
- It can be upgraded at a grindstone with Ebony Ingots, but is not affected by the Ebony Smithing perk.
- It is very similar to a normal Ebony Dagger in appearance, but has a darker color, weighs less, and bears fewer etchings on its blade.
- It cannot be enchanted, unlike a normal Ebony Dagger.
- It cannot be used as a normal Ebony Dagger at the Atronach Forge.
This section contains bugs related to Blade of Sacrifice. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes when dual-wielded, the animation of attacking will not appear.
- dagger, the Blade of Sacrifice is not silenced and will alert nearby enemies to a kill made with it. Despite being a