Properties[edit | edit source]
All of the weapons properties except the name are randomly generated.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Material – Can range from Iron to Daedric.
- Type – May be a sword, greatsword, Battle-axe, or mace.
Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
The weapons appearance matches that of a generic weapon of the same type and material. The weapon will also bear a colored glow and pattern appropriate to the enchantment.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Completion of "Dragon Rising" – While Balgruuf was Jarl. Vignar can't become Jarl without completing this quest.
- Had the position of honorary Thane instated by Balgruuf while he was Jarl.
- Completion of "Battle for Whiterun" – Stormcloak campaign.
- Purchasing Breezehome.
- Assisting the people of Whiterun by doing miscellaneous quests for them.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
This weapon is semi-unique and may not be crafted, however an identical version can be crafted with the generic material and a matching enchantment applied. The weapon may also be titled with the same name during enchanting.
The upgrade material is dependent on the material that the weapon was generated with.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is used to serve as the badge of office for the Thane of Whiterun.
- If a reload is performed and the weapon is retrieved again, it will be the same. This means that there are unknown factors determining what weapon is generated. At higher levels iron is surprisingly the material of the weapon.
- This is the second thane weapon for Whiterun, the first being the Axe of Whiterun.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the weapon granted is not a blade but a mace. However it is still called the "Blade" of Whiterun.