Properties[edit | edit source]
All of the weapons properties except the name are randomly generated.
Attributes[edit | edit source]
Physical appearance[edit | edit source]
The weapons appearance matches that of a generic weapon of the same type and material. The weapon will also bear a colored glow and pattern appropriate to the enchantment.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Completion of "Waking Nightmare."
- Completion of the miscellaneous quest: "Kill the giant at the [Radiant location] giant camp" for the Jarl.
- Assisting the people of The Pale.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
This weapon is semi-unique and may not be crafted, however an identical version can be crafted with the generic material and a matching enchantment applied. The weapon may also be titled with the same name during enchanting.
The upgrade material is dependent on the material that the weapon was generated with.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon serves as the badge of office for the Thane of the Pale.
- If the game is saved in Dawnstar, and a reload is performed to receive the blade again for a different attribute outcome, it will fail. To circumvent this problem, save the game while the Dragonborn is not in Dawnstar. Then, when the save file is reloaded, the Dragonborn can simply fast travel to Dawnstar, speak to the Jarl, exhaust the relevant dialogue, and the weapon given to them will have different attributes than the previous attempt. If one intends to repeat this method until receiving the attributes that are satisfactory, then the most efficient way would be if the Dragonborn has already assisted 3/3 citizens of the Pale, then save progress outside of Dawnstar (a fair distance, not too close) somewhere. That way, after each reload, one could just fast travel to Dawnstar immediately, speak to the Jarl, skip their way through the dialogue quickly, check the weapon, then reload if the attributes are unsatisfactory.
- Even at higher character levels, iron material weapons are still among the possible outcomes.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Blade of the Pale. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes the weapon granted is not a blade but a mace. However it is still called the "Blade" of the Pale.
- It is possible to receive the blade twice since the Dragonborn can become Thane of Dawnstar under both Skald the Elder and Brina Merilis however the second blade may be made of different material from the first one.