In their early days, Haldyn sent his men to scout the many hidden islands and forgotten coves throughout the Sea of Ghosts for potential outpost locations, in order to hide any treasure they pillaged. One of his scouting parties found an island off the east coast of Solstheim inhabited by horkers. While it seemed to be a good location for an outpost, their discovery was soon foiled as the horkers savagely killed the scouting party. A lone survivor named Bjord escaped back to Japhet's Folly to tell of his companion Saden's death, and as such the Blood Horkers got their name.
Several Blood Horkers are encountered at Japhet's Folly during this quest. After Haldyn's death, several Blood Horkers may be encountered in the wilderness. They will attack the Dragonborn on sight and sometimes yell, "This is for Haldyn!"
- Haldyn – Clan leader
- Stig Salt-Plank – Captain
- Alding – Crewman
- Irlof – Crewman
- Gjuk – Crewman
- SadenDR – Deceased member found on Horker Island on Solstheim.
- They are visually identical to bandits and share most of their dialogue with them.
- Some can be found near the bridge west of the Reachcliff Cave's secret entrance. They may also be found fighting with the local Forsworn.
- Ironically, common loot from the Blood Horkers' corpses is horker meat.
- Blood Horkers will occasionally attack the East Empire Company in Windhelm.