Activating the chalice grants the effect, Blood of the Ancients. This makes the Vampiric Drain spell absorb Stamina, Magicka, and Health for one day. The duration can be lengthened by completing Ancient Power.
- If the Dragonborn chose to side with the Dawnguard, but accepted vampirism from Serana after completing Kindred Judgment, the Chalice will be rendered useless as the quest given by Harkon can never be started.
- The quest "Ancient Power" can be taken and completed multiple times, allowing the chalice's buff to last well over a week.
This section contains bugs related to Bloodstone Chalice. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, the chest in cathedral is noted to be empty, or containing only one chalice, after killing Harkon.
- Dropping the chalice causes it to float in mid-air, allowing it and the other one to be stacked strategically in order to climb to unseemly places.
- Garan Marethi, he will only recognize them as mortal and instructs the Dragonborn to return to Harkon to become the vampire again immediately. Returning to Harkon does not fix the issue as he still views the player as being a Vampire Lord. Once Harkon tells the Dragonborn to go visit