Greetings everyone! In this thread I propose to create separate articles for books in ESO (although for consistency that can also be done to book articles from other games). The main reason for that is because Zenimax has changed the contents of some of the books by fixing errors, changing wording, changing authors, adding and removing fragments of the text.
For example, that happened to:
- Tamrielic Lore – The author is now anonymous, the name of the book is changed, and it has three parts now.
- Varieties of Faith in the Empire (Morrowind and Skyrim) is split into several books. Varieties of Faith, The Forebears, Varieties of Faith: The Khajiit, Varieties of Faith: The High Elves, etc
- The Posting of the Hunt has different text from the online version
- Galerion the Mystic – Mistake in the name was fixed
- Confessions of a Khajiit Fur Trader (Skyrim) and Confessions of a Khajiiti Fur Trader (Online)
- Great Harbingers (Skyrim) and Great Harbingers of the Companions (Online)
- Trials of St. Alessia (Oblivion and Skyrim) and Trials of Saint Alessia (Online) – Some of the next and the name are different, Zenimax knows about em dash
The second reason for separate articles stems from the introduction of DPL extension to our wiki. It allows us to make huge lists (such as Characters (Online)/A) using less than 10 lines in the article itself instead of filling the table manually, spending an enormous amount of time on that and having to update it every time something is added to the game. In that regard, DPL is perfect for being used on the Books (Online) page. But it cannot be applied because of Online book pages not using a single template. Separating the book articles would unify the usage of a template and allow us to use DPL.