This thread is to come to a community consensus regarding "Jimeee", who is a sysop (aka an administrator) on the wiki.
The wiki has uncovered various amounts of evidence that indicate that this user is no longer suitable to be a sysop of the wiki and therefore, should be demoted.
To ensure the integrity of this consensus, Jimeee is not permitted to make any votes but he is permitted to discuss. Votes by Jimeee will be removed to ensure the consensus remains unbiased and not influenced by the aforemented user. If Jimeee closes this thread, it shall be reopened by an unbiased moderator and will remain open.
The following evidence has been uncovered:
- Two days ago, Jimeee blocked a user for two weeks based on a comment the user made on a blog. The comment indicated that another user of the wiki should stop acting like they are trying to suck up to sysops. This comment is very minor and doesn't break any rules at all: why was a 2 week block imposed on said user for such a minor transgression? You can see the supposed bad comment here: User blog:Zippertrain85/All Namespaces are important! (A response Blog)#WikiaArticleComments (the comment is under Jimeee's comment in the blog).
- On the same day, Jimeee blocked a user from the wiki for 1 week based on a supposedly insulting message made on the chat. The exchange was not hostile and at one point, transferred to a PM. Bans are only permitted to be handed out for rule infractions that actually occur in the main chat, the only time that a ban can occur for something in PM's is if the user is making deaths threats: Shawn was clearly not breaking any rules, was clearly being honest and was blatantly censoring another user from the chat. You can see that exchange here: http://pastebin.com/mt77TSvY. You can also see Jimeee's message to Shawn on his talkpage: User talk:ShawnHowellsCP#Block
- After Shawn was banned, Jimeee ignored community requests to explain what was breaking the rules. 5 minutes later, the user left the chat and has not yet been seen on the wiki thus far. Zippertrain85 left a wall post to Jimeee on the Community Central wiki (see here: w:Thread:714958) asking to be unblocked as the reasons given were inappropriate and not worthy of a 2 week blocked: Jimeee refused to respond. The next day, Zippertrain85 then made a new wall post pointing out that Jimeee ignored the orignal post, which you can see here: w:Thread:715408.
- Jimeee has a history of insulting users, as well as trolling. On 1st February 2013, he insulted and demeaned another user to the point that said user actually left the wiki. You can see that exchange here: User_talk:Shockstorm#Locks. As you can clearly see, Jimeee deliberately provoked Shockstorm with rude and condescending messages and didn't apologise for doing so.
- The day before the above exchange, Jimeee was rude for no reason to Flightmare over a consensus about the infoboxes. You can see that exchange here: User talk:Flightmare/Archive/3#Weapons.2C armor.2C items. As the exchange details, Jimeee did not like that Flightmare went around updating the infoboxes, despite a consensus. His responses were incredibly rude and condescending.
- On 10 January 2012, Jimeee was again incredibly rude and condescending, bordering on trolling, another user for an edit that the other user posted. You can see that conversation here: User_talk:Jimeee/Archive2#Your_Two_Cents
- Back in June 2014, Zippertrain85 had made a block on a user who he had suspected was an alternate account for a known vandal. The block was removed as it was incorrect and I made my observations known in the chat when I saw the post. Jimeee promptly told me to not talk about it, despite the chat being mostly empty and it being a basic observation. I found this highly insulting and bordering on censorship: the post which I had noticed is here: User talk:Zippertrain85/Archive 5#Hi this is plasma from cc.C2.A0
- Jimeee bans users and silences anyone who makes any talkpage or forum post that criticises him, even if it's constructive, claiming that such criticism is a "personal attack". This counts as full blown censorship and is not tolerable.
- Jimeee introduced an Etiquette policy that he neither follows himself, nor discussed with any other user of this wiki. Introducing policies without some sort of discussion or consensus is inappropriate, especially as he does not follow his own policies when he converses with other users.
In the past, the argument for Jimeee to keep his sysop flag was due to his contributions that occurred in the past. This argument is null and void, because his contributions in the past are what got him to become a sysop, but his contributions now are what's more important. Please don't use this as an argument to oppose, since contributions he may or may not have made in the past are not valid when discussing his most recent edits. In the past, he also left the wiki entirely and has edited largely on the UESP, a direct competitor to our wiki: he seems to have kept his flag solely for other reasons.
Thank you for your time. Please vote below using the voting templates: