Background[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Silver-Bloods[edit | edit source]
Bothela thinks that Markarth would be better off without the Silver-Bloods, as she says they send Yngvar to forcefully collect gold from her every few days.
Forsworn[edit | edit source]
If one asks her about the Forsworn, she will tell the Dragonborn that the only thing she knows about them is that they broke her heart. She will say that a great number of her friends and her kin were lost because they joined the Forsworn.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
"A little bit of old Reach magic can cure whatever ills you...."
- The "Hag's Cure." That's a unique name. "Comes with living to a ripe old age, people start thinking there's something magical about you. Then, the insults. Still, a little knowledge of plants and potions can get you by. Not that anyone likes to admit buying things from you. See? I even have a little potion for the Steward. Mind handing it over to him? Just say it should solve that problem he has."
- I'll make sure he gets it. "Thank you."
- I don't have time right now. "Pity."
- What's your opinion on Markarth? "We'd be better off without the Silver-Bloods. They send their brute, Yngvar, to shake some coins from me every few days. And Betrid Silver-Blood is always asking for more potions to fuel Thonar's 'ambitions.' Gives him a temper fiercer than any bear."
- What do you know about the Forsworn? "Only that they break an old woman's heart. So many friends, so many kin, all lost trying to rebuild a past that was over long ago."
Conversations[edit | edit source]
Muiri[edit | edit source]
Bothela: "No, no girl. It's the picked spider tongue and then the decayed taproot. Do it the other way, and your cure turns into a poison."
Muiri: "There's just so much to memorize. How am I supposed to remember what goes where for every single herb?"
Bothela: "You will. Until then, you'll taste every potion you make before you sell it."
Muiri: "Bothela, I have a question...."
Bothela: "You want to know a secret of mine, young girl? The most effective poison to kill a man? A potion to make others fall in love, perhaps?"
Muiri: "I was actually just wondering if you had any family...."
Bothela: "Oh. Oh, I see...."
Muiri: "I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't...."
Bothela: "I have one. A nephew. He's in prison for being a member of the Forsworn."
Muiri: "I'm sorry, I didn't realize."
Bothela: "Don't be. We all make mistakes."
Bothela: "You should be more careful with the man you pick, dear."
Muiri: "He said he loved me..."
Bothela: "Real men prove their love. Words are as empty as the air they run through."
Bothela: "Stop moping about, girl. Tears won't change what you've done."
Muiri: "I was such a fool. How could I let him use me like that?"
Bothela: "We all get used, dear. It's living with it that makes you a woman."
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I have potions for disease, love sickness, irritating children..."
- "Oh yes... you'll need one of my special brews..."
- "Not scared of an old woman now, are you?"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She has a unique variant of face paint, which cannot be put onto the Dragonborn's character.
- If Muiri is married, Bothela will attend the wedding ceremony.
- She does not sleep, meaning her shop cannot be robbed easily.
- Odvan, in Cidhna Mine, is her grandson.
- Interestingly, dialogue from both parties also imply that Odvan may be her nephew.
- If the Dragonborn kills Odvan, she will send Hired Thugs after them.