- For other uses, see Bristleback.
Bristlebacks are boar-like creatures found in the snowy forests and meadows of northeastern Solstheim, but can sometimes be found grazing along the western beaches. They are roughly half the size of a horse, and can be found alone or in pairs. Bristlebacks are versatile in combat, though they will only attack when someone gets too close or provokes them. Their tusks can inflict serious damage to the unprepared. Occasionally, Bristlebacks can be tamed by Rieklings, and can be ridden into battle.
Tamed Bristlebacks can be found in several Riekling camps, including:
- Bristleback Cave
- Broken Tusk Mine
- Castle Karstaag Ruins
- Castle Karstaag Caverns
- Moesring Pass
- North of Thirsk Mead Hall there is the unique named creature named Bilgemuck.
- Bristlebacks greatly resemble warthogs.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Stonethorn
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Markarth (mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends