She does not maintain a room, nor will she occupy rooms that become vacant. She appears to be afflicted with a debilitating illness - possibly Rattles or Ataxia based on her comment that she doesn't know anyone in the Warrens that doesn't have one or the other - and is always found sitting on the ground clutching her ribs. It is not possible for the Dragonborn to cure her affliction.
Cairine appears to have no specific purpose other than being a mark in The Fishing Job, and likely other Radiant quests. She can be turned into a vampire during the quest New Allegiances given by Vingalmo at Castle Volkihar.
This section contains bugs related to Cairine. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Generic Radiant Bug: The player may be tasked to pickpocket or loot a gem from her, but the chance to steal it is 0% regardless of player attributes.
- She can be killed but she has to be "killed" twice before she actually dies and her body can be looted.
- Random bug: If Cairine is sneak attacked (at least with daggers) and killed, she will lay where she is, but she will still be technically alive, and will have generic retreat dialogue of a young nord woman. She will lay there and if she is hit once again she will die and fly into the air as if hit by a lightning bolt.
- If she is killed the first time and left there, upon return she will be in her default position, but with her back to the ground and her sitting legs up in the air.
- Template:360 Vingalmo of the Volkihar Clan of vampires will task you with turning her into a vampire. It works, but then he may ask you to do it again and again, making any more quests from the vampire side impossible.
- Cairine may pay Hired Thugs to assassinate the culprit if something is stolen from the The Warrens without being caught.