When cast on self, Call to Arms gives a 25-point boost to one-handed, two-handed, archery, health, and stamina for ten minutes. This spell is cast with both hands and requires time to charge, and affects a large area (100) around the caster. It will augment the abilities both friend and foe, so use of the ability prior to combat is advised.
Call to Arms is improved by:
- Master Illusion – Reduced casting cost.
- Master of the Mind – Now works on undead, Daedra, and Animunculi.
- Vampirism – 25% power boost to all illusion spells.
- Necromage – 25% power boost to all illusion spells cast on undead.
- Potions – 20–100% power for non-player made potions.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1150
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- May be purchased from Drevis Neloren in the College of Winterhold (only after Illusion Ritual Spell has been completed).
- Even with a high skill level in Speech, the tome will be a costly purchase.
- Without the Master Of The Mind perk, Call To Arms does not affect undead, so casting it during a vampire attack is a particularly good strategy for defending the townspeople.
- This spell is useful for those focusing on the Conjuration school of magic.
- The player can easily have 5 or more followers. A regular follower, a non-humanoid follower, Dead Thralls, Dremora Lords or Elemental Thralls (Twin Souls perk) and a quest related follower.
- The above number can jump to 8 or more followers if the Dead Thralls are conjurers or necromancers who summon their own servants, the regular follower is a conjurer or necromancer and the quest related followers are conjurers or necromancers.
- The spell can allow the allied soldiers during the Civil War to take or defend a location without very much help from the player, even on the Master difficulty
- With the proper equipment the player can craft potions fortifying the strength of this spell in a magnitude greater than the 100% available normally (Elixir of Illusion).
- Casting it in the middle of Whiterun is a very effective method to increase the Illusion skill if it was turned legendary, making it incredibly good for power-leveling.
|Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vampire's Seduction • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|