- Hurl an exploding ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing __ Physical Damage each second and reducing Movement Speed by 30%.
- Also rapidly drains mount stamina and forces riders to dismount.
- Increased duration (35s) and forces mounted enemies to dismount.
- Update 6: Increased the duration of this ability by 5 seconds, and fixed a minor grammar issue in the upgrade text.
- Update 8: Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Fixed an issue where the visual effects of this ability were ending after 30 seconds, rather than 35 seconds (the actual duration).
- Hurl an exploding ball of caltrops that scatter over the target area, dealing __ Physical Damage and an additional __ Physical Damage each second.
- Also reduces Movement Speed for enemies in the target area by 70% for 3 seconds and even after that continues to reduce Movement Speed by 30% until the caltrops expire.
- When the caltrops land, enemies in the area take additional damage and are snared.
- Increased duration (35s)
- Update 5: Fixed an issue where this ability was dealing less damage than Caltrops.
- Update 3: This now shows a red ring on the ground when cast by an enemy in Cyrodiil 
- U4: As of Update 4, this ability no longer removes the Nightblade active skill, Shadow Cloak 
- Update 5: Your cloak will no longer be removed if you cast Caltrops, then cast Shadow Cloak.
- Update 5: This ability now shows a red telegraph to enemy player characters.
- Update 6: This ability now correctly applies damage every second to enemies, and will no longer cause you to display a hit reaction for each damage tick.
- Update 6: Fixed a minor grammar issue in the upgrade text.
- Update 7: This ability is no longer considered a melee attack, and it will not trigger the Redguard passive ability Adrenaline Rush. Caltrops now sorts targets based on the center of the attack, rather than the distance from the caster.
- Update 8: Fixed an issue where Spiked Armor and Spiked Bone Shield would trigger damage against attackers using Caltrops 
- Update 9: Fixed an issue where Eclipse and the Total Dark morph could reflect snares from ground-placed ticking abilities, such as Caltrops or Ash Cloud, and cause you to move at extremely high speeds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.