Captain Modyn Veleth is a Dunmer found in Raven Rock. He is the captain of the Redoran Guard stationed at Raven Rock. He wears Bonemold Armor like his men, but wears the Bonemold Guard Armor instead of the Bonemold Pauldron Armor, and is often seen equipped with an Elven Battleaxe. If the Dragonborn saves him during the quest "March of the Dead," he will thank them by saying, "Thanks... I wasn't sure I'd make it off this farm alive. I wish I could have said the same for my man here."
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Located at the Old Attius Farm, the Dragonborn must rescue him from a group of Ash Spawn, which have killed one of his men before the Dragonborn intervenes. He gives the orders to kill General Falx Carius, a former general of the Imperial Legion that was stationed at Fort Frostmoth and was presumed killed when Red Mountain erupted. He will remain outside of the Old Attius Farm until the quest is started, then return to Raven Rock to patrol with his men, joining them whenever Ash Spawn attempt to attack the Bulwark.
After the saving him from the Ash Spawn at the farm, Veleth will ask for help in finding a hidden stash of Emberbrand Wine that his guards have hidden somewhere in Raven Rock.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- What's the unusual armor you're wearing? "Ah, this is bonemold armor... quite impressive, wouldn't you say? It's fashioned from actual bone that's been reinforced with a resin-like material and then shaped to form the armored plating. It might appear brittle, but I'd wager it could stop the blow of a weapon better than iron or steel."
- Who are the Redoran Guard? "All of the soldiers in this town are Redoran Guard... some of the best warriors that House Redoran has to offer. I've spent quite a few years honing their skills and I can assure you they're not just your average city guard."
- Why have such elite soldiers on this island? "To protect Councilor Morvayn, of course. He has quite a few friends on the Council back in Morrowind and they wanted to ensure his safety while he was here. Other than that, I'm not at liberty to discuss it."
- "I've had to muster some more men to protect the mine, but I don't really have a problem with that. Second Councilor Arano is concerned that once word reaches the reavers that the mine has reopened, they might think about paying us a visit. I say let them try. My men are ready for them."
- What's being built outside of town? "The Earth Stone, and... It's a shrine that... Hmm. I can't recall."
- Why build a shrine outside of town? "I don't know, it's hard to remember..."
Do you know someone called Miraak? "I might know someone. Or maybe not. I can't remember..."
- Just tell me if you know him. "I... I can't. I just can't be sure. I think maybe he had something to do with a temple. A temple here on the island. Does that help?"
|Show: March of the Dead|
|At the Old Attius Farm:
"Thanks... I wasn't sure I'd make it off this farm alive. I wish I could have said the same for my man here."
If approached again after stating the Dragonborn is not interested:
"I hope you've reconsidered lending me a hand. Could really use it right now."
After defeating General Falx Carius:
"What news do you bring from Fort Frostmoth?"
"Thank you for your assistance, it's raised my men's spirits quite a bit."
|Show: Served Cold|
|In Raven Rock:
"I'm sorry to bother you, but Second Councilor Arano asked me to come find you. He said it's quite urgent."
If approached again:
"I'm sorry, I've already said too much. Talk to Second Councilor Arano if you're willing to help us."
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Modyn Veleth, Captain of the Redoran Guard at your service."
- "The security of both Raven Rock and Councilor Morvayn is my primary concern."
- "Some consider my methods harsh, but playing the coddling nursemaid has never won a battle."
- "Looking for something to lend a hand with? We have problems aplenty in Raven Rock."
- "Don't let my posting here fool you. I was once in command of over a hundred troops... my luck simply changed when our homeland was destroyed."
- "With the ash spawn threat taken care of, I can give my men the rest they deserve. Well done, friend." -Upon completing “March of The Dead”.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is in a relationship with Dreyla Alor, but is keeping it a secret because her father does not approve. They can be seen meeting together in the Retching Netch. They meet every day from 8AM to 10AM.
- Unlike other members of the Redoran Guard, Veleth is the only member to not have derogatory passing dialogue if the player character is an Argonian or Khajiit.