- For other uses, see Castle Dour.
Castle Dour is an Imperial Legion outpost in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that functions in Solitude during the civil war. General Tullius resides within, along with his second in command, Legate Rikke. Together, they command the Imperial forces in Skyrim. It is also home to the barracks for the Solitude hold guards and various Imperial legionnaires.
Castle Dour Dungeon
The Emperor's Tower is a wing of Castle Dour, reserved for the Emperor of Tamriel when visiting Skyrim's capital, Solitude. The tower is lavishly furnished, containing many valuable items. The Solitude Windmill is connected to this wing.
The tower is locked and inaccessible until the Dark Brotherhood quest listed below is active.
Gaius Maro is scheduled to patrol the Emperor's tower and Castle Dour, surveying the area for suspicious activity before Emperor Titus Mede II's arrival in Skyrim aboard The Katariah. The Listener of the Dark Brotherhood will be required to execute him and plant an incriminating letter on his corpse as a warning to Commander Maro, framing Gaius as being a spy for the Stormcloaks with helping them plan an assassination attempt on the Emperor.
Impersonating the Gourmet, the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood will need to assassinate Emperor Titus Mede II. The Emperor visits Skyrim at Emperor's Tower to attend to the business of the civil war, and it is believed that his cousin, Vittoria Vici, was assassinated during an attempt at peace between the Imperial Legion and Stormcloaks by marrying Asgeir Snow-Shod.
- The castle is one of two faction headquarters that is not marked as a landmark but that can be fast traveled to; the other being Jorrvaskr, of the Companions.
- One of the cells (usually the only one with a lock lower than master level) in the lowest level of the dungeon has an "escape" Shadowmark on the floor. Inspecting the wall above the mark reveals "crumbling mortar" on the wall, which can be activated to destroy it and open up a passage. This leads into a forgotten tunnel, containing a leveled weapon on the floor, and leading through the other side of the hole visible from the room with the evidence and prisoner belongings chests. The tunnel ends at a ladder leading up to the Dwemer-looking sewer opening behind Angeline's Aromatics.
- bounty will result in the Dragonborn being placed outside Castle Dour, minus any stolen equipment. It is possible for a single unusual enemy to spawn right outside, including a frostbite spider, a Falmer or a troll. Paying off a
- Once activated, the "crumbling mortar" may not be able to be used again, and the Shadowmark will disappear.
- When the Dragonborn leaves the dungeon they might be transported under the map.