The Centurion Dynamo Core is found in Dwemer ruins, the bodies of Dwarven Centurions, and rarely on the bodies of Dwarven Spheres or Falmer. It seems to serve as the centurion's power source. They are one of several difficult-to-obtain items needed to conjure Daedric armor and Daedric weapons at the Atronach Forge.
- Labyrinthian, Shalidor's Maze, in one of the shutters
- Markarth – Understone Keep
- Shimmermist Grotto (accessible from Shimmermist Cave)
- In Arkngthamz (part of the Dawnguard add-on), a Centurion Dynamo Core is obtainable immediately after Katria's body underneath the walkway, the second is located on a destroyed centurion when accessing the chest behind a sealed gate, a third can be obtained by incorrectly activating the tonal lock four times and defeating the Centurion immediately before the Aetherium Shard. The fourth and fifth can be found on shelves to either side of the Aetherium Shard.
- Required to create unenchanted Daedric armor and weapons at the Atronach Forge.
- In the Dragonborn add-on, three dynamo cores are required to access the final chamber inside Fahlbtharz. There is one already on one of the pedestals, but the other two are with the two Dwarven Centurions, which the Dragonborn has to destroy. However, cores may be brought with the player to avoid this fight.
- The centurion dynamo core has a red glow and aura emanating from it and the ball in the center constantly rotates.
- The Dynamo core spins infinitely, and is almost undoubtedly a source of perpetual energy to power the centurion.