Description[edit | edit source]
They are most commonly found in villages or on farms, where they provide eggs and meat. There are consequences for killing a chicken—even though the bounty is as low as 45 , the townsfolk will attempt to kill the violator if they get the chance. The chicken has an attack damage of two, making it the weakest creature in the game.
Loot[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most chickens in Skyrim appear to be of the Catalana breed.
- After purchasing Honeyside in Riften, the Dragonborn can buy a garden upgrade which gives them two chickens. These two do not appear to lay any eggs, preferring instead to simply wander around outside. Killing them will not give any bounty, but Iona may attack on sight.
- With Hearthfire installed, each new home constructed may have up to three chickens, which do lay eggs (chickens cost 25 each). The purchase must be arranged by the estate's Steward and there must be an animal pen there.
- If no other body is available, dead chickens may be brought back to life by hostile necromancers, Eola and Serana, if she is following the Dragonborn.
- If three chickens are owned in Hearthfire, they will most likely die. The odds are that dragons, trolls, giants or bandits will kill them. The Dragonborn cannot buy more than three, making them quite worthless. The chickens respawn after 20 days of not entering the area.
- Pushing a wooden cart over a chicken will kill it but this is not considered a crime. The Dragonborn is still able to loot the chicken later without accumulating a bounty.
- If hit with howl of terror they will not flee, but the aura of the howl will outline their bodies.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Chicken (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Telekinesis without incurring a bounty. A chicken may sometimes be killed with the spell
- Chickens may appear larger than their normal size but their stats stay the same.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|