Chitin Heavy Armor is a set of heavy armor that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. Unlike the light armor variant, it has no shield. It has the same armor rating as steel plate armor, but is lighter.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Armor pieces can typically only be found on the island of Solstheim. Locations include:
- Pieces sold by Glover Mallory in Raven Rock.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Worn by reavers.
Fixed locations[edit | edit source]
- Vendil Severin wears a set of Chitin Heavy Armor in Ashfallow Citadel during the quest "Served Cold."
- There are two helmets, a pair of boots, and a chestpiece in one of the side rooms in Ashfallow Citadel.
- There is a helmet and a chestpiece on the top floor of Morvayn Manor, in an expert-locked display case.
Smithing[edit | edit source]
Pieces can be upgraded with a chitin plate at a workbench and also benefit from the Elven Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement.
Attributes by piece[edit | edit source]
|Piece||Netch Leather||Chitin Plate||Corundum Ingot||ID|
|Chitin Heavy Armor||40||35||650||2||6||1||01cd8a|
|Chitin Heavy Boots||14||6||135||1||4||1||01cd82|
|Chitin Heavy Gauntlets||14||5||135||1||3||1||01cd8b|
|Chitin Heavy Helmet||19||5||135||1||4||1||01cd8c|