This spell interacts with spell absorption effect causing the Dragonborn to regenerate considerable amounts of magicka while standing inside the circle. This interaction essentially turns the spell into a very powerful Magicka well.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 650
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Colette Marence sells this spell once the Dragonborn reaches level 65 in Restoration.
- Can be awarded upon completion of the quest "Hunt and Gather," given by Wylandriah.
This section contains bugs related to Circle of Protection (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The magicka well effect gained from combining Circle of Protection with spell absorption will be lost when the player is caught in the radius of their own explosive spells. Such spells are not restricted to Destruction (e.g. Fireball, Fire Storm, etc.). Most Master-level spells of whatever school (e.g. Bane of the Undead, Mass Paralysis) as well as some lower-level spells such as Rally will destroy the effect. Spells such as Fireball and Rally can be cast without interrupting the magicka well effect so long as the caster is not caught in the spell's radius.
- A confirmed solution is to receive explosive damage from an external source. One readily repeatable means of doing so is to summon a Storm Atronach, wait until it performs its explosive attack on the player, then destroy or banish it. The spell absorption from Circle of Protection will return indefinitely unless it is interrupted again by the player's own explosive effects. This solution can also be applied indefinitely.
| Bane of the Undead • Circle of Protection • Close Wounds • Fast Healing • Grand Healing • Greater Ward |
Guardian Circle • Heal Other • Healing • Healing Hands • Lesser Ward • Repel Lesser Undead • Steadfast Ward
Turn Greater Undead • Turn Lesser Undead • Turn Undead
|Heal Undead • Necromantic Healing • Stendarr's Aura • Sun Fire • Vampire's Bane|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Restoration Ritual Spell • Wards • Magicka • Health • Perks • College of Winterhold • Restoration trainers|