Effects[edit | edit source]
When cast, it draws a line of blue energy to the current objective. If multiple quests are active, Clairvoyance shows the nearest one. The line is short and lights part of the path to the nearest objective. The spell must be recast several times along the way to the objective, so as to reanimate the lighted path. If there is a gate that must be unlocked by a lever or a key, the spell will not be able to direct to the correct path. It lights the way as far as possible in the direction of a perfect route, but not to where the unlocking mechanism is.
Spell tome[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Weight: 1
- Value: 50
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Sold by Drevis Neloren of the College of Winterhold.
- Lucan Valerius at the Riverwood Trader sells it.
- General goods merchants generally sell this tome.
- Court wizards sell it.
- May be found in containers, such as chests.
- Found in Embershard Mine, on a table behind a locked cell door. This door can be unlocked with the Embershard Mine Key which obtain by looting the bandit that guards the cell doors, or picking the novice lock.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If no direct path is visible when casting the spell, a message saying "No direct path seen" will appear on the top left of the screen.
- During the quest "With Friends Like These..." If the spell is cast, the line will always point to Vasha.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Clairvoyance (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Running on low graphics may make the blue line impossible to see.
- the Ratway, it may lead you through a wall. Will sometimes lead you places (even underground) even if that's not where you want to go. In
- The blue line created by the spell may not disappear after using the spell. This appears to only happen if one saves whilst using Clairvoyance.
- Will sometimes lead a player one way and then lead them back the opposite direction in some areas, making the spell unreliable.
- When traveling long distances, clairvoyance may not show the fastest route. (Ex. from Whiterun to Ivarstead. Clairvoyance takes one around the north side of the Throat of the World when in fact there's a faster route going around the south side of the mountain.)
- Darkwater Crossing that is on the northern Whiterun-Ivarstead road. While clairvoyance points in the correct direction here, a short sprint north can cause clairvoyance to give a long route around the mountain. The most egregious display is from a signpost near
- When cast while any Black Book quest is active, Clairvoyance treats the book as the shortest distance anywhere in Skyrim or Solstheim. This prevents use of the spell until one stops tracking that quest.
- Entering/leaving a door with loading screen while using the spell will cause the Ring of Clairvoyance to never disappear.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vampire's Seduction • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|