- Not to be confused with The Elder Scrolls Codex: History.
Codex Scientia is a very rare strategy guide for The Elder Scrolls: Arena which was released by Bethesda Softworks in late 1994, shortly after the release of the game. The guide was written by Judith Weller & Ted Peterson, with illustrations done by David Lee Anderson, and graphic design was done by Peggy Meile.
Codex Scientia covered all the basics of the game and much more to include Classes, Subclasses, Races, Wilderness, Monsters, Dungeon Maps, Riddles, Artifacts, Items, Diseases, and Holidays of Tamriel.
- 1 Table of Contents
- 2 Contents
- 2.1 Contacting Bethesda Softworks
- 2.2 Credits
- 2.3 Introduction
- 2.4 Wilderness
- 2.5 Special Notes for Certain Monsters
- 2.6 Game Playing Reference Tables
- 2.7 Dungeon Maps
- 2.8 Riddles and Their Answers
- 2.9 Artifacts and Their Attributes
- 2.10 Magical Items & Their Attributes
- 2.11 Formulae
- 2.12 Miscellaneous
- 2.13 Index
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Licensing
Table of Contents
- Contacting Bethesda Softworks (Page II)
- Credits (Page III)
- Introduction (Page 1)
- Wilderness (Page 13)
- Special Notes for Certain Monsters (Page 17)
- Game Playing Reference Tables (Page 23)
- Dungeon Maps (Page 34)
- Riddles and Their Answers (Page 109)
- Artifacts and Their Attributes (Page 119)
- Magical Items & Their Attributes (Page 131)
- Formulae (Page 139)
- Miscellaneous (Page 145)
- Index (Page 153)
Contacting Bethesda Softworks
Page ii. Includes information about how to contact Bethesda Softworks. Note that the following content may be out-of-date.
- Technical Support and Customer Service
- Technical support: (301)-963-2002 Monday through Friday between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Customer Service: (301) 926-8300, Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- The Bethesda Softworks BBS
- Bulletin Board Service direct dial telephone number: (301) 990-7552
- Bethesda Softworks Online
- America Online ("Bethesda" e-mail Bethesda0l)
- Compuserve "GoGAMAPUB" Forum A, e-mail 71333,234)
- GEnie ("Scorpia" e-mailBethesda)
- Internet e-mail 71333,234@Compuserve.com or Bethesda01@aol.com)
- Prodigy (e-mail BJSY29B)
Page iii. Includes the creators of the book (Judith Weller and Ted Peterson) as well as the illustrator (David Lee Anderson), graphic designer (Peggy Meile), and some copyright information. The page's background is an off-white drawing of an indoor scene reminiscent of the game's setting.
Page 1. The purpose of this section is illustrated by the preceding excerpt; to explain the purpose of the guide to readers, focusing in particular on the gameplay choices of players.
Special Notes for Certain Monsters
Game Playing Reference Tables
Riddles and Their Answers
Artifacts and Their Attributes
Magical Items & Their Attributes
The following is a gallery of select pages from the Codex, such as maps that would be difficult or impossible to reproduce in text. Textual pages are not shown.