The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Some of the best candidates for Command Animal are bears, mammoths, wolves, and sabre cats.
- This can be particularly useful when fighting giants, as they are normally accompanied by mammoths, which can be turned to fight for the Dragonborn, making giants much easier to defeat.
- Command Animal negates the risk of unexpected death from sabre cat or wolf ambushes, as using the power quickly repels the attacker; something valued for lower-leveled characters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being bestial, dragons cannot be commanded.
- Command Animal is an area of effect power, requiring moderate vicinity to the target to activate.
- The same effects can be gained from the Animal Allegiance Dragon Shout, barring that Animal Allegiance can be used multiple times a day, while Command Animal can only be used once, and only by Bosmer characters. The Command Animal power also shares the same on-screen animations as Animal Allegiance.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Command Animal. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Occasionally while an animal is under the Dragonborn's command when they fast travel, the animal will remain at the point of arrival permanently, i.e.: Having a cave bear under command when fast traveling to Whiterun, the bear will remain at the city gates permanently and be non-hostile towards the Dragonborn or any other NPCs (will attack if hit)
- Sometimes the animal simply won't follow/fight for the Dragonborn despite being commanded, most notable on mammoths
Appearances[edit | edit source]
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.