Effects[edit | edit source]
Conjure Familiar summons a ghostly wolf to fight for the Dragonborn for 60 seconds. No corpse is required. Conjured Familiars cannot be soul trapped, nor are they affected by banishing spells. Conjure Flaming Familiar is another version of this spell.
Perks[edit | edit source]
- "Novice Conjuration" cuts the magicka cost of Conjure Familiar by half.
- "Oblivion Binding" dispels both ally and enemy Conjured Familiars when struck with bound weaponry.
- "Summoner" - Conjured Familiar can be summoned at a greater distance. An additional allocation in this perks multiplies casting distance by 3.
- "Twin Souls" allows two familiars to be summoned at once.
Spell tome[edit | edit source]
Attributes[edit | edit source]
- Weight: 1
- Value: 49–152
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Can be bought from court wizards.
- Nelacar at the Frozen Hearth sells this tome and other spell tomes after completing "The Black Star" in his favor.
- On occasion, may be found on hostile magic users, such as mages, necromancers and conjurers.
- May be found in chests.
- May be sold by general merchants.
- Sold by Phinis Gestor at the College of Winterhold.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This spell appears to be based on entities in European folklore called familiars. They are said to be supernatural beings, often appearing as animals or humanoid figures, that are summoned to assist those who practice magic.
- It is possible to contract Rockjoint from a familiar if it engages you in combat.
- Breton characters begin the game with this spell already learned.
- Conjure Familiar is one of two creature-summoning spells (the other Conjure Flaming Familiar) where the summoned creatures' health isn't able to be upgraded, like undead and atronachs.
- The werewolf power, Howl of the Pack, acts like this spell, though it summons two Familiars and has a cool-down period, like a dragon shout.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- When casting the spell and walking forwards the player will vanish, the conjuration sound effect plays but there is no graphic and no magic cost. The player vanishes for a few seconds and reappears.
- On some occasions, the transparent "ghost" effect of the familiar will be removed upon killing one, and it will appear as a normal wolf but with an amber coat, identical to the alpha wolf, a variant of wolf that was removed from the game.
- When walking forward while casting the spell next to the woodcutters, sometimes the water in the river disappears and all you can see is the top sparkling.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord|
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers|
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish