- For other uses, see Contract.
- Kill Deekus
- Report back to Nazir
Deekus has set up a small camp at Hela's Folly, northeast of Dawnstar. Like other assassination targets, Deekus can be talked to and while the first two options are available for all races, the third is only an option if the Dragonborn is an Argonian:
I'm going to kill you. Slowly. Painfully. "You'll have to catch me first!"
(Remain silent) "Go away! I don't know who you are, but this is my spot! Whatever's on that ship is mine!"
I'm sorry, egg brother, but I've been sent to kill you. "What? Why? I don't understand... I have done nothing wrong to you. Please, mercy!"
The main difference between Deekus and other contracts is that he might escape into the water, making it difficult to kill him since the Dragonborn cannot fight in water and, being an Argonian, Deekus can remain underwater indefinitely. If he does, the quest marker above his head can be used to judge where he is in the water. He then can be attacked with arrows, ranged magic or by using shouts.
At Deekus' camp, there is a novice locked chest protected by a bear trap, a levelled apprentice locked chest in the Captain's cabin on the submerged ship, A Dibella Statue next to his bedroll, and gems lying in the camp in several locations including the submerged ship. Excluding items on the ship, these are stolen items.
|Contract: Kill Deekus – DBSideContract06|
I must go to the shipwreck on the Northern Coast, and kill Deekus. I may use any means at my disposal. When I am done, I am to report back to Nazir at the Sanctuary and collect my reward.
Deekus is dead, and I have collected my reward from Nazir at the Sanctuary.
- If the Dragonborn is Argonian, there will be a unique speech option, "I'm sorry, egg brother, but I've been sent to kill you."
- If Nazir is spoken to as an Argonian while this contract is active, he will comment on the Dragonborn's race, saying "Will killing a fellow Argonian make your scales crawl?"
- Deekus will claim the wreckage as his own and tell the Dragonborn to go find their own.
- If the contract is completed after the Sanctuary has been attacked in the quest "Death Incarnate," but before "Hail Sithis!" is completed, then Nazir will repeatedly say, "You just worry about fulfilling the contract. I'll take care of things on this end." The Deekus contract cannot be completed until Hail Sithis! is complete (and then Nazir will be found at the Dawnstar Sanctuary).