Cooking is an activity that can be performed in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but is not a skill. Cooking can be accomplished through the use of cooking pots and spits found in locations throughout the province. Food from cooking can restore magicka, health, or stamina and grant temporary effects determined by the recipe. The recipes require items such as raw meats, vegetables, and alchemical ingredients (especially salt piles). Characters start the game knowing every possible cooking recipe.
Cooking is a basic method of living off the land. Most of the food the Dragonborn can cook typically restores five to ten points of Health or Stamina. This is less than the healing from a minor potion. As alchemical skills improve, some cooked food may have less real value than the ingredients put into it.
However, those with low alchemy skill may benefit more from cooking than producing their own healing potions. Very long duration effects (12 minutes) can be produced as well, which can extend the time before one tires from power attacks or running and generally reduce the need to enter a menu to heal with other items. Due to the abundance of free food that can be obtained, making use of cooking can save a significant amount of money over time as well.
- Alvor and Sigrid's house in Riverwood.
- Any house built (with Hearthfire installed).
- Any house bought with a kitchen upgrade.
- Any Imperial or Stormcloak camp (each is only available to neutrals or members of the corresponding faction).
- Autumnwatch Tower in the tower on the right as it is approached from the dragonstone.
- The Bannered Mare in Whiterun.
- Calixto's House of Curiosities in Windhelm.
- Corpselight Farm house in Falkreath.
- Dragonsreach in Whiterun.
- The Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun.
- Embershard Mine, between Helgen (beginning of the game), and Riverwood. Cooking here can complete the Hard Worker achievement along with mining and wood chopping.
- Faendal's home in Riverwood.
- Fletcher in Solitude.
- Fort Greymoor inside the keep.
- Gerdur's home in Riverwood.
- Lost Knife Hideout in Lost Knife Cave.
- Sadri's Used Wares in the Gray District of Windhelm.
- Silus Vesuius's House in Dawnstar.
- Solitude Stables near Katla's Farm.
- The White Phial in Windhelm.
- Ysolda's House in Whiterun.
|Apple Cabbage Stew||Restores 10 Health and 15 Stamina.||Salt Pile, Red Apple, Cabbage||0.5||8|
|Beef Stew||Increases maximum Stamina by 25 for 720 seconds and restores 2 Stamina per second for 720 seconds.||Raw Beef, Carrot, Salt Pile, Garlic||0.5||8|
|Cabbage Potato Soup||Restores 10 Health and 10 Stamina Points.||Potato, Salt Pile, Leek, Cabbage||0.5||5|
|Cabbage Soup||Restores 10 Health and 8 Stamina Points.||Salt Pile, Cabbage||0.5||5|
|Clam Chowder HF||Restores 10 Health and 10 Stamina Points.||Clam Meat, Potato, Jug of Milk, Butter||0.5||5|
|Cooked Beef||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Raw Beef||0.5||5|
|Elsweyr Fondue||Increases Magicka regeneration by 25% and increases maximum Magicka by 100 for 720 seconds.||Eidar Cheese Wheel, Moon Sugar, Ale||0.5||5|
|Grilled Chicken Breast||Restores 5 Health Points.||Chicken Breast, Salt Pile||0.2||4|
|Horker Loaf||Restores 15 Health and 15 Stamina Points.||Salt Pile, Horker Meat||1||4|
|Horker Stew||Restores 15 Health and 15 Stamina, and restores 1 Health per second for 720 seconds.||Lavender, Tomato, Garlic, Horker Meat||0.5||8|
|Horker and Ash Yam Stew DR||Restores 16 Health and 12 Stamina Points||Ash Yam, Garlic, Horker Meat||0.5||9|
|Horse Haunch||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Horse Meat||2||4|
|Leg of Goat Roast||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Leg of Goat||1||4|
|Mammoth Steak||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Mammoth Snout||2||8|
|Pheasant Roast||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Pheasant Breast||0.2||4|
|Potato Soup HF||Restores 10 Health and 10 Stamina Points.||Potato, Salt Pile||0.5||5|
|Rabbit Haunch||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Raw Rabbit Leg||0.1||3|
|Salmon Steak||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Salmon Meat||0.1||4|
|Steamed Mudcrab Legs HF||Restores 12 Points of Health.||Mudcrab Legs, Butter||0.1||4|
|Tomato Soup||Restores 10 Health and 10 Stamina Points.||Tomato, Salt Pile, Garlic, Leek||0.5||5|
|Vegetable Soup||Restores 1 Health per second and 1 Stamina per second for 720 seconds.||Cabbage, Potato, Leek, Tomato||0.5||5|
|Venison Chop||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Venison||2||5|
|Venison Stew||Restores 15 Stamina and 1 Health per second and 1 Stamina per second for 720 seconds.||Venison, Salt Pile, Potato, Leek||0.5||8|
Ingredients used for cookingEdit
| Hard Worker|
Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food