Cooking is a rudimentary method of living off the land. Most of the food you can cook typically restoring 5-10 points of Health or Stamina. This is equal to or less than the healing from a minor potion. As the player's wealth and alchemical skills improve, some cooked food may have less real value than the ingredients put into it.
However, characters with low alchemy skill may benefit more from cooking than producing their own healing potions. Very long duration effects (12 minutes) can be produced as well, which can extend the time before one tires from power attacks or running and generally reduce the need to enter a menu to heal with other items. Due to the abundance of free food that can be obtained, making use of cooking can save a significant amount of money over time as well.
- Alvor's home in Riverwood.
- Any house you buy with a kitchen upgrade.
- Any Imperial or Stormcloak camp (each is only available to the members of the corresponding faction).
- The Bannered Mare in Whiterun. The cooking place is to the left as you enter North.
- Calixto's House of Curiosities in Windhelm.
- Corpselight Farm house in Falkreath
- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
- Dragonsreach in Whiterun.
- Drunken Huntsmen in Whiterun.
- Embershard Mine, between Helgen (beginning of the game), and Riverwood. Cooking here can complete the Hard Worker Achievement along with mining and wood chopping. This earns 10 experience points.
- Faendal's home in Riverwood.
- Fort Greymoor inside the keep.
- Gerdur's home in Riverwood.
- Sadri's Used Wares in the Gray District of Windhelm.
- The White Phial in Windhelm.
- Ysolda's house in Whiterun.
- Honeyside in Riften
|Apple Cabbage Stew||Restores 10 Health and 15 Stamina.||Salt Pile, Red Apple, Cabbage||0.5||8|
|Beef Stew||Increases maximum Stamina by 25 for 720 seconds and restores 2 Stamina per second for 720 seconds.||Raw Beef, Carrot, Salt Pile, Garlic||0.5||8|
|Cabbage Potato Soup||Restores 10 health and 10 stamina.||Potato, Salt Pile, Leek, Cabbage||0.5||5|
|Cooked Beef||Restores 10 health.||Salt Pile, Raw Beef||0.5||5|
|Elsweyr Fondue||Increases Magicka regeneration by 25% and increases maximum Magicka by 100 for 720 seconds.||Eidar Cheese Wheel, Moon Sugar, Ale||0.5||5|
|Grilled Chicken Breast||Restores 5 Health.||Chicken Breast, Salt Pile||0.2||4|
|Horker Loaf||Restores 15 Health and 15 Stamina.||Salt Pile, Horker Meat||1||4|
|Horker Stew||Restores 15 Health and 15 Stamina, and restores 1 Health per second for 720 seconds.||Lavender, Tomato, Garlic, Horker Meat||0.5||8|
|Horse Haunch||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Horse Meat||2||4|
|Leg of Goat Roast||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Leg of Goat||1||4|
|Mammoth Steak||Restores 10 Health.||Salt Pile, Mammoth Snout||2||8|
|Pheasant Roast||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Pheasant Breast||0.2||4|
|Rabbit Haunch||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Raw Rabbit Leg||0.1||3|
|Salmon Steak||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Salmon Meat||0.1||4|
|Tomato Soup||Restores 10 Health and 10 Stamina.||Tomato, Salt Pile, Garlic, Leek||0.5||5|
Restores 1 Health per second and 1 Stamina per second for 720 seconds.
|Cabbage, Potato, Leek, Tomato||0.5||5|
|Venison Chop||Restores 5 Health.||Salt Pile, Venison||2||5|
|Venison Stew||Restores 15 Stamina and restores 1 Health per second and 1 Stamina per second for 720 seconds.||Venison, Salt Pile, Potato, Leek||0.5||8|
Ingredients Used for Cooking
|Eidar Cheese Wheel||Garlic|
|Horker Meat||Horse Meat|
|Leg of Goat||Mammoth Snout|
|Moon Sugar||Pheasant Breast|
|Raw Rabbit Leg||Red Apple|
|Salmon Meat||Salt Pile|
| Hard Worker|
Chop wood, mine ore, and cook food
Recipes by Ingredient