- Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon, during and after "Pieces of the Past." Four Dremora (two inside, two outside), each has a Daedra heart. The four Dremora respawn every 10 in-game days.
- Enthir, at the College of Winterhold, usually has two and restocks every two days.
- Jorrvaskr. In Kodlak's quarters, on or near a plate on the desk.
- Hall of the Vigilant. On the table at the far end of the main room.
- Respawns at the start of each month, though it must be stolen.
- No longer available once the quest "Dawnguard" is initiated, as the hall will be destroyed.
- Valerica's Study in Castle Volkihar.DG
- Babette, in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, usually has 1–2 Daedra hearts.
Random and recurring
- Hunters may very rarely carry one.
- Thalmor Wizards may very rarely carry one.
- Alchemy shops may have up to two Daedra hearts in stock as early as character Level 2.
- May also have one in their personal inventory, which may be pickpocketed.
- Any apothecary's satchels in the game may contain one, though very rare.
- Dead Dremora usually drop one.
- Any enemy spellcasters may drop one, but only rarely. The more powerful the spellcaster, the higher the chance.
- Drelas' Cottage, one may sometimes be found in the containers.
- One may be found on a dead alchemist in a random encounter.
- Vigilants of Stendarr may drop one, though it is rare.
- Loot on hagravens, though rarely.
- A trip to the Soul Cairn can yield many hearts, as nearly every chest contains one, and many of the enemies here have a chance to drop one.DG
- During the quest "Waking Nightmare," in the laboratory within Nightcaller Temple, there are four shelves in the right hand corner of the room with two hearts.
- During "The Black Star," Malyn Varen summons three Dremora mages, each of which yields a heart on death.
- In the unmarked "Daedric Relic" quest, if Velehk Sain is killed, he will drop a heart.
- Random encounter: A wandering traveler named Balbus will say he's gathering supplies in hopes of sharing a new recipe with the Gourmet.
- Narfi will give two or three random ingredients as rewards after he is given Reyda's necklace in the quest "The Straw that Broke." A Daedra heart is one of the possibilities. There is also a chance that Reyda's remains contain a Daedra heart.
- After completing Shalidor's Maze and killing Dremora Valkynaz in Labyrinthian.
- In Sinderion's Field Laboratory in Blackreach, on the shelf next to the alchemy table and enchanting table (it's the building right in front of the exit into Alftand Cathedral).
- Folgunthur, during the quest "Forbidden Legend," one can be found on the corpse of Daynas Valen.
- The Ebony Warrior will have one after he is defeated.DR
|Restore Health||Damage Stamina Regen||Damage Magicka||Fear|
† multiple effects, may be affected by the perk Purity.
Daedra Hearts can be made at the Atronach Forge with the following ingredients:
The Sigil Stone is not consumed with the crafting of the Daedra Heart.
Daedra Hearts are used in Smithing to create Daedric armor and Daedric weapons.
- Daedra Hearts are similar in appearance to Human Hearts, though there are more arteries on the Daedra Heart, in addition to its deeper red color.
- Daedra Hearts are one of only seven alchemical ingredients to also have a use in Smithing, the others being Void Salts, Ectoplasm, Fire Salts, Frost Salts, Bone Meal and Netch Jelly.