- For other uses, see Daedric Armor.
Daedric Armor is a set of heavy armor available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is extremely heavy, but also has the highest armor rating in the base game and its add-ons. The armor set contains five pieces: a helmet, boots, gauntlets, a cuirass and greaves, and an optional shield. A weapon set of the same name is also available.
It is similar to its counterparts in previous games, but also has some differences; the primary design for Daedric Armor in Skyrim possesses an incredibly dark and sinister design that seems to have a more gothic and mythological inspiration than its predecessors.
The armor itself has an overall unique model with a black-metallic color scheme (due to being made from ebony), and is decorated with small silver chains, intricate and ornamental designs on the boots, lower torso and gauntlets, two sets of shoulder guards underneath the initial armored spikes mounted on the shoulders, and even several large fasteners located all over the body that link each piece of the armor together.
The set also features several other spikes protruding from various parts of the body as well as six large horn-like spikes on the very top of the helmet to accompany the large eye-like sockets in the front, giving the Dragonborn a monstrous appearance.
The gauntlets and the cuirass will also give off a deep red glow whenever the armor is worn in dark or dimly lit areas; this does not, however, have an effect on the Dragonborn's detection while sneaking.
Unenchanted pieces of daedric armor will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 48, and enchanted armor will begin to appear at level 49.
- Found as random loot in "boss" chests after level 49+.
- Unenchanted pieces dropped as random loot by Revered or Legendary Dragons.
- Enchanted and unenchanted pieces, as well as Daedric weaponry, may be bought through the Dremora Merchant.
The Atronach Forge
- 1 × Sigil Stone
- 1 × Daedra Heart
- 1 × Unenchanted Ebony Armor of the desired type
- 1 × Centurion Dynamo Core
- 1 × Black Soul Gem (empty or filled)
Attributes by piece
|Piece||Leather Strips||Ebony Ingot||Daedra Heart||ID|
|Total (with shield)||144||96||7,650||10||17||5||–|
|Total (without shield)||108||81||6,050||9||13||4||–|
- Wearing the full Daedric set raises the chance of successful intimidation checks by 10%.
- If the Dragonborn wears the cuirass part of the armor and not the helmet, the Dragonborn's neck will also glow red.
- Even though the book Heavy Armor Forging states it should only be forged at night, with the best times being a new moon, full moon, and a red harvest moon, it can be forged at any time.
- Although summoned Dremora wear a set of Daedric armor, excluding the helmet, they can not be looted as they instantly disappear when killed.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online