Of the seventeen Daedric Princes, sixteen have an artifact attributed to them in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Before these artifacts can be obtained, however, specific tasks called Daedric quests must be performed. Two of these Daedric quests involve the reward being a choice between two artifacts, one quest being the "The Black Star" and the other being "Ill Met by Moonlight."
- 1 Artifacts
- 1.1 Azura's Star or The Black Star
- 1.2 Dawnbreaker
- 1.3 Ebony Blade
- 1.4 Ebony Mail
- 1.5 Mace of Molag Bal
- 1.6 Masque of Clavicus Vile
- 1.7 Mehrunes' Razor
- 1.8 Oghma Infinium
- 1.9 Ring of Namira
- 1.10 Sanguine Rose
- 1.11 Savior's Hide and/or Ring of Hircine
- 1.12 Skeleton Key
- 1.13 Skull of Corruption
- 1.14 Spellbreaker
- 1.15 Volendrung
- 1.16 Wabbajack
- 2 Daedric artifacts - weapons
- 3 Daedric artifacts - apparel
- 4 Daedric artifacts - other items
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Trivia
This reusable soul gem is awarded for completing "The Black Star" quest.
The Black Star has the ability to trap white and black souls, or those of sentient beings, instead of only black souls. It functions like a Black Soul Gem which traps all souls up to the Grand level, in it.
Dawnbreaker sets enemies on fire, while also dealing more damage to undead like draugr and vampires and has a chance to make undead explode into blue flames upon death, which damages and causes nearby undead to flee, in the same sense as Bane of the Undead.
The Ebony Blade absorbs 10 points of health from enemies per hit, but can be upgraded only by slaying friendly characters (such as a person whose favor has been completed).
For every two such characters killed the weapon increases in power, adding two to the strength of the absorb health, up to the maximum of 30. Due to coding errors, it levels up two-handed, but benefits from one-handed perks. This has been fixed with patch 1.9.
The Ebony Mail is a heavy armor cuirass that is enchanted with the muffle effect and inflicts 5 poison damage per second to nearby enemies. It also produces a shadowy effect while sneaking. This is the only piece of armor other than boots that has been known to be enchanted with muffle, making it very useful for upgrading Sneak.
This unique one-handed weapon is awarded for completing "The House of Horrors" quest.
The weapon not only damages 25 points of stamina and magicka per hit, it also steals the soul of an enemy if they die within three seconds. Paired with Azura's Star or the Black Star, the Mace's enchantment can be self-sufficient.
Masque of Clavicus Vile holds the following enchantments:
This unique dagger is awarded for completing the "Pieces of the Past" quest.
The Oghma Infinium is a powerful tome of knowledge that is awarded for completing the "Discerning the Transmundane."
This ring is awarded for completing "The Taste of Death" quest.
The Ring of Namira grants the user with a 50-point Stamina boost and the bonus of feeding on corpses granting +50 health and +50% health regeneration.
This unique staff is awarded for completing "A Night to Remember" quest.
The Sanguine Rose summons a leveled Dremora to fight for the wielder for sixty seconds.
Savior's Hide and/or Ring of Hircine
Either of these items is a potential reward for completing "Ill Met by Moonlight" quest, in a certain manner.
Savior's Hide is a unique light armor cuirass that may be obtained if Sinding is killed at the conclusion of the quest. It provides the following benefits
The Ring of Hircine may be obtained if Sinding is helped during the quest. Its enchantment grants the wearer unlimited werewolf transformations per day, assuming that the wearer is already a werewolf.
The key is a decorative, unbreakable lockpick. It may be kept indefinitely so long as the player elects to delay progress any further in the Thieves Guild questline.
The Skull of Corruption deals 20 points of damage, but increases to 50 if powered with dreams collected from sleeping people. Casting the staff at them while sleeping will gather five dreams for the staff. Casting at a character while they are awake, however, will be treated as an attack.
The staff has a range of effect on it and also has a unique screen illusion when casting.
This unique shield is awarded for completing "The Only Cure" quest.
Volendrung, also known as the Hammer of Might, absorbs fifty points of Stamina per hit. It is essentially a giant stamina sponge, as many two-handed weapons use a lot of stamina for their power attacks.
This unique staff is awarded for completing "The Mind of Madness" quest.
The Wabbajack casts an unpredictable spell whose effect ranges from transforming enemies into other creatures to casting a random destruction spell to even fully healing enemies.
Daedric artifacts - weapons
|Dawnbreaker||12||10||740||+10 Fire Damage; may cast Bane of the Undead upon killing an undead|
|Ebony Blade||13||10||2000||Absorb Health 10–30 (damage increases by 2 for every 2 friends that the player kills), unlimited charges|
|Mace of Molag Bal||17||18||1257||25 Magicka Damage, 25 Stamina Damage, Soul Trap|
|Mehrunes' Razor||11||3||860||Small chance to kill instantly|
|Sanguine Rose||0||10||2087||Summons a Dremora for 60 secs, or 120 secs if the Conjuration perk Atromancy is selected. Also can summon one additional Dremora if the player has the Twin Souls perk.|
|Skull of Corruption||0||10||1680||20 Damage, or 50 if powered with dreams from sleeping people|
|25||26||1843||Absorb 50 Stamina|
|Wabbajack||0||10||1565||Random spell effect, instant kill, heals target or changes target into another random creature or item.|
- The attack of the weapon is the same as the level as you got it.
Daedric artifacts - apparel
|Ebony Mail||45||28||5000||Muffle while sneaking and a continuous 5 poison damage with an area of effect on hostiles. Emits a black "shroud" effect while sneaking.|
|Ring of Hircine||0||0.3||400||Unlimited daily Werewolf transformations (only works if the player is a Werewolf)|
|Ring of Namira||0||0.3||870||+50 Stamina. Feeding from NPC corpses raises Health by 50 and Health regen by 50% for 4 hours|
|Savior's Hide||26||6||2679||Resist Magic 15%, Resist Poison 50%|
|Spellbreaker||38||12||225||While blocking, creates a ward that protects against spells for up to 50 points. (It also protects against shouts, from the likes of the Draugr Deathlord, Draugr Scourge, etc.) Renews every second. Also blocks shouts from dragons. Cannot protect against Dwarven automaton steam attacks.|
|Masque of Clavicus Vile||23||7||1277||Prices are 20% better, +10 Speech, and Magicka regenerates 5% faster.|
Daedric artifacts - other items
|Azura's Star / The Black Star||0||1000||Reusable Grand Soul Gem / reusable Black Soul Gem|
|Oghma Infinium||1||2500||One-off +5 skill increases to your choice of Combat, Magic, or Stealth skills. Through a glitch, it can be used to level up more skills.|
|Skeleton Key||0.5||0||Unbreakable lockpick that must be returned at the end of the Thieves Guild quest.|
(There is a lockpicking perk for unbreakable normal lockpicks.)
Acquire a Daedric Artifact
Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts
- For the Oblivion Walker Achievement/Trophy, fifteen of the artifacts must be owned by a single character, not spread out through multiple characters' save games. However, it is not necessary to have all 15 at the same time, only to have obtained them at one point.
- If Erandur is desired as a follower, and the player also wants the Oblivion Walker achievement, it is best to keep the Vaermina quest for last. Make a save game right before Erandur begins his ritual to destroy the Skull.
- The Skeleton Key does not count towards Oblivion Walker.
- It is most rewarding to obtain the Ebony Blade before any other Daedric artifacts, as many of the Daedra Quests involve killing people the Dragonborn has done quests for. (The only people that are killed are the ones that gave the initial quest; or none at all, and they are not needed to complete the game.) It's best to get the Ebony Blade before proceeding with the Civil War questline. If the Dragonborn attempts to do it afterwards, they'll find that it's no longer the same Jarl (but it can still be done).
- It is still possible to do the "The Whispering Door" quest after completing the Stormcloaks' side of the war by starting the quest as normal, however the former Jarl of Whiterun will be located in the Blue Palace in Solitude, so a trip there to talk to the Jarl must be made, after this the quest will go as normal.
- To collect all of the Daedric artifacts as rapidly as possible, the Dragonborn will need to be at least Level 30, because Level 30 is the character level that starts the quest "Boethiah's Calling." It can be started by either approaching the Sacellum of Boethiah, or by reading the book Boethiah's Proving.
- It is possible to get both of Hircine's artifacts (see "Ill Met by Moonlight") and both count towards the Oblivion Walker achievement. This could help if one of the other artifacts becomes unavailable (e.g., failing a quest). (Confirmed PS3 & Xbox 360 & PC)
- All of the Daedric artifacts can be sold.
- Artifacts cannot be destroyed for their enchantments.
- Dawnbreaker and Spellbreaker can be combined for effective combat. This combination is most useful in the College of Winterhold questline. Tolfdir will ask the player to go to Saarthal and Labyrinthian, both of which have many draugr. This is also useful in dragon fights and main quests, as well as obtaining Konahrik, since the Dragonborn will need to fight against a number of Dragon Priests.
- Sometimes, Hold Guards will comment to the Dragonborn about certain Daedric artifacts if equipped.
- The Rueful Axe does not count as a Daedric artifact, despite it being a possible reward from Clavicus Vile. It can be kept by using it to kill Barbas on Vile's orders and its enchantment does 20 points of Stamina damage.