Dark Brotherhood Assassins are enemies that appear in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The assassins may appear as random encounters when traveling in the wilds, and can be of any race. They will attack without any warning. Killing them allows the Dark Brotherhood Assassin's Note to be looted.
- After blackmailing the steward of either Markarth or Riften.
- After stealing from a person.
- Being seen attacking or killing a character unprovoked.
- Randomly encountered before the Dark Brotherhood questline and the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!"
A Dark Brotherhood assassin can be noticed attempting to hide many yards away. After being approached, they initiate combat, similar to a sabre cat.
- Their armor cannot be looted.
- Even if the Dragonborn has begun the Dark Brotherhood questline, an assassin might still be triggered to appear.
- Sometimes the assassins may spawn in pairs.