One can be found guarding the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary in Cheydinhal, which is non-hostile, and he is counted as a member of the Dark Brotherhood. Killing him will result in expulsion from the Dark Brotherhood unless he is killed during (or after) the Dark Brotherhood quest "The Purification."
- After "The Purification," the Dark Guardian can be killed without fear of being expelled. The Dark Guardian respawns after being killed after an indeterminate amount of time (a day or more) and can be killed multiple times without ramifications. He always has a leveled weapon and a leveled shield, making him a decent source of money.
- Sometimes, if one enters Fort Farragut as part of a routine exploration of ruins, the Dark Guardians will all be found dead on the floor. In this case, they can easily be stripped of their weapons and armor for great profit.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends (The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood)
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|